Body Rejecting Sugar

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Nisa, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Is your body at that place where you can't consume sweetned foods anymore? I have been drinking more distilled water and herbal and medicinal teas..without any honey or sugar added.I've been doing this for about a month now..and if i eat anything with sugar such as icecream,cake,cookies or something..even fruit punch,i get nauseated. It happened faster than I recognized. I'm happy it happened though,just stick to my juice that i get from the juicer and my medicinal teas and water...Wondering if anybody else is like that please share..

2. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    My body is even starting to reject fried food.

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Yes, my body has been rejecting refined sugar foodstuffs for years.

4. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Refined sugar and refined carbohydrates in general are indeed the greatest poisons of our society to date.

All this pop and pastries we're consuming is contributing to our high-blood pressure, incidents of diabetes, mental illnesses and other ailments that were almost unheard of in our community just a century ago.

A lot of people think sugar is just the sweet stuff, but all the starches we consume like breads, pastas, and potatos also turn into sugar in our bodies.

In this society, the cheapest and most available foods are no longer vegetables....but starches.

Now more then ever, at every family gathering or reunion there's always 3 or 4 giant bowls of potato salad and macaroni and cheese.

Every fast food dinner floods you either with rice or fries with giant containers of pop.
    Notice the only things that are "biggie sized" are the high-carb foods like fries and soft drinks...never sandwiches or salads.

Hell, the cheapest food you can buy at the store are those Ramen noodles...pure starch.

5. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

Yeop..last night for dinner i had brown rice,okra,a soy rib,tea,and some bean soup. I only eat once a day..so i had to "get my grub on". Yum yum...

6. MieNYu

MieNYu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish my body would reject sugar -- i think i have the complete opposite problem -- how did you not eat it for a month? Was is just pure rejection?

7. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

When you slowly start eliminating it from your diet, your body starts seeing it as a foreign substance...Of course if you go back to continue eating alot of sugary foods and drinking sugary drinks..your body will go back to "accepting" it
    Here is something I thought I would share with you from Queen Afua...
    If you have a "sugar addiction",drink the juice of or eat grapefruits,limes, and lemons. Also drink golden seal tea: 1/4 tsp. powdered goldenseal herb to 1 cup of warm water :)

8. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    HAITI - SUGAR SLAVES

Next time you add sugar to your coffee, think of Andre Prevot. A Haitian, Prevot met a man who promised him a good job nearby in the Dominican Republic (DR). But, as we've seen with the Asian slavers, this is a classic lure. "He took me across the border and sold me to the Dominican soldiers for $8," explains Prevot. Once in their custody, he suffered the fate of thousands of his countrymen who are forced against their will to cut cane for six or seven months -- from December to June -- for little or no money.

Though many Haitians work willingly in the Dominican sugar plantations (Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere), there is a perennial shortfall at harvest time. The State Sugar Council, known as the CEA, fills the gap with a system that violates nearly every internationally recognized labor code against forced labor. Although political turmoil in Haiti has put an end to cross-border recruiting, the enslavement of blacks continues.

Before the coup to oust Aristide in 1991, Haitians were brought to the border by CEA-paid buscones, or "searchers," and sold to armed Dominican soldiers at so much per head. During the coup, the borders were closed, Haiti was militarized, and cross-border recruiting came to an end. But the flight of 30,000 frightened Haitians into the DR brought an ample supply of cane cutters to its own backyard.

Now, when the harvest shortfall comes, it's se epok chas la -- "open hunting season" -- on any Haitian in the DR. The Dominican army fans out across the country, hauls Haitians off public buses, arrests them in their homes or at their jobs, and delivers them to the cane fields. According to human-rights workers on the scene, "Any Haitian in the street can be arrested and sent to batey [shantytown]." After Marc Pierre, 24, crossed the border on a shopping day-trip to the DR, a soldier arrested and jailed him. "When I told him I didn't want to cut cane, he hit me with his rifle," says Pierre.

The captives are held in crowded, filthy barracks at military posts until their numbers are sufficient. Then they are driven in open trucks to the bateys, shantytowns on the edge of sugar plantations. Their belongings are confiscated, and they are handed machetes. To eat, they must work. They cannot leave. If they try to escape, they may be beaten.

Armed guards come for the sugar slaves at 5:00 a.m., banging on the doors with rifle butts. The men are taken into the fields to harvest cane for 12 or 14 hours under a brutal sun. Sharp cane leaves cut into their skin. They eat dried fish and rice and are permitted to drink the juice of sugarcane.

Back in the bateys, four or six Haitians share a small, dark room. They sleep on the concrete floor, sometimes on cardboard cartons, or, if lucky, on thin foam mats. There is no running water or cooking facilities, and there are few latrines. Some of the DR's 400 bateys have electricity and well water.

Though the Haitians are paid for their work -- $2 a ton -- this pitiable sum melts away in a system designed to steal from the least powerful. A skilled man can cut a ton and a half a day, theoretically earning $60 to $70 a month, but first he has to tip the weight man to weigh his work soon after it's cut: If it lies in the sun a day or two, it shrinks in weight. Then the men are paid in coupons (vales), which the local store discounts at 20 percent. Highly skilled, energetic workers might be left with $15 a month. The average fellow earns just enough to stay alive, not enough to support a family.

In the 1950s, state-sponsored forced labor was formalized through a contract between Haitian dictator "Papa Doc" Duvalier and the DR government. In effect, Duvalier sold Haitian laborers at $60 a head. Aristide publicly burned and buried "the contract." His new policy, along with a decade-long campaign by international human-rights groups, have led to some improvements.

In 1991, U.S. trade representatives pushed for reforms, particularly an end to the deceptive recruitment practices. But instead of imposing restrictions on the import of sugar, the Bush administration accepted Dominican promises to improve conditions. This policy was unfortunate, according to Gavigan, who recently returned from an inspection trip. Even now, he says, whenever the plantation owners need labor for the harvest, a roundup of blacks begins.

What can Americans do? 'More than they might think," says Gavigan. The DR exports 72 percent of its sugar to the United States, and U.S. aid to the DR is over $20 million.

Finally, more and more Americans travel to the DR to lounge on its sun-drenched beaches, a hillside away from slaves cutting cane. Thousands of would-be tourists (and convention planners) could pick a less morally challenged destination and strike a blow for human decency.

http://sonsofthediaspora.org/stl-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Are you sure it's not eggs, cow milk or food color that's making you sick? Icecream and pastries contain eggs and milk as well as sugar. Soy Milk is contains sugar cane juice does that bother you? Fruit Punch and aide contain dyes and coloring. I worry about you sometimes Nisa. You take care of yourself little sister. I'll keep you in my prayers.....

Peace and Love....

10. MieNYu

MieNYu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, thanks -- I will have to try it -- I will let you know :)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can your body reject sugar

2. my body is rejecting sugar

3. what happens if your body rejects sugar?

4. reasons why your body rejects carbs,
  5. why wood your body regect sugar,
  6. what causes the body to reject sweet food?,
  7. what causes body rejection of sugary things,
  8. why does it seem like my body is rejecting sugar ,
  9. sugar rejection in the body,
  10. why does my body rejects ant sugar