Black People : Bodily Fluids Required To Get Or Keep Your Job

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Hello Family,

I have never worked for an employer that required me to provide bodily fluids, or leave any part of my physical self with them.

When i was in the process of adopting my niece, the folk wanted my son and i to provide our fingerprints (because he was almost an adult they said). I refused. I told them i had raised my son to never do anything that required his fingerprints be taken, and he become a part of the system ... and i was not going to change that now. The adoption process was a long-drawn out affair, because White folk had become involved early on ... even with the baby living with some for a short period ... and they wanted to keep her. I was bound and determined to keep that from happening, but i refused to provide our fingerprints. The adoption was successful of course. God is Good.

All of this to say, i think it is a major infringement on our privacy and selves!

How dare someone want my bodily fluids ... and expect me to kindly hand them over! :eeek:

Were we sleeping when this was introduced and took hold?

Bodily fluids in exchange for a job?!

:heart:

Destee

2. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Drug testing for jobs.... you have to provide either blood, urine, or hair...
    Alcohol testing either blood or lung air.... I guess they have to have a way of weeding out potential problem employees. Not to mention saftey issues for commercial drivers and other's performing saftey sensitive work such as heavy equipment operators... But I agree that in this day and age it's discomfiting to know that folk hiring want your bodily fluids knowing that it contains your DNA... definitely a privacy issue there !

Much Peace,
    Akilah :wave:

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Yes sistah, we were sleep when this precedent took effect. Not only are employers asking for the fluids, but the NYS dept. of Correction is demanding it of felons, claiming that they(dept. of Corr.) want to make sure that the incoming prisoners don't infect the one's already locked up. Yea Right. Like they care if black folks get infected in Jail. What are they doing with the bodily fluids taken from our brothas, and sistahs?

4. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    We have to be carefull here family. As those who work in the government such as myself find that you have given the advantage to the enemy. You have given them a piece of you no matter what you do if its bad it will come back to haunt you.

For example every policeman's finger prints are in the federal database not because they are criminals, but because they work for the government. This information if it got into the wrong hands could be very very damaging.

All Im saying is dont volunteer anything and be carefull when its required. :danger: :danger: :danger:

5. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    We did some experiments with fingerprints in class..you can take a piece of tape..and put it on a glass..and lift fingerprints off of it..and place them somewhere else...

6. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I haven't had a drug test for a job in a long time, last time i had one was for when i had a seizure...and some doctor's visits. I can see how it can be a big deal though..all this dirt going down..cant trust people.

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    What type of job was it for? Jobs requiring a certain level of security are more likely to require drug testing. I personally don't have a problem with this, and I do think it is pertinent for certain types of employment. Would you want a drug-addicted nurse or doctor working on you, a drunk truck driver on the road, and so on?

However, I do draw the line for jobs requiring a security clearance. That I feel is an invasion of my privacy, and really none of their **** business. If they say 'security clearance required' I don't bother to apply.

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    It's only damaging if you have committed a crime. If you are law-abiding, you should be okay.

Fingerprinting and urine tests don't bother me because those are physical things showing you are crime and drug-free. Security clearances, however, do bother me because then they start probing into your personal life, trying to find things that you've done that (though not unlawful), may be considered to some sinful, eccentric, etc. I will not give anybody the right to pry into my personal affairs like that.

I also think companies rejecting an applicant because they have bad credit is wrong as well.

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Yes

Yes I had a job that required that required my dental records, finger prints, foot prints and a DNA sample. I was a soldier. If I were killed and mutilated or burned beyond recognization they would be able to identify my remains to inform my family. That was important to me especially due to the nature of my service. I was a helicopter crewmember and went on flying missions quite often.

Peace Fam

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    this just something i feel we as people should protect
    they can do whatever with it and have you mess up for life
    beside i don't see the great need for such !
    but understand this systemize structure and why they do it now
    but yes we truely missed it.....beside they can keep that J.0.B !
    cause i'm not given it up it's mines and mines alone nobody can
    make me share it .