Black People : Bobby Brown & Whitney Houston

Should Whitney divorce Bobby?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No, they should only legally seperate.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Nightlance

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 9, 2002
Washington, D.C.
Occupation
Research Analyst
:angel1: Tragically, abusive relationships like theirs are all too common within our communities, but the female spouses within them often stay because they hold onto the naïve notion that the right conditioning or treatment can change the behavior of their abusive partner. Because such denial is not uncommon, some even attribute their abusive behavior to poor childhood experiences, the abused becoming the abuser, while others vainly hope that an occasional prayer will exorcise some of their husband’s many demons. Yet, at some point in this violent relationship, the abused spouse has to realize that the risks of staying are much greater than the risks of leaving if she is to save herself.

Perhaps, she is still with him because she wanted to prove that all of the naysayers were wrong about her husband. Maybe, she feared becoming another failed “Hollywood Marriage” and bearing the stigma associated with it. Whatever the case, she now has to bear the stigma associated with a “Black Eye” and an “*** Whipping” by a drug using abusive husband. Could Bobby be the next Ike Turner?

:jawdrop:

Based upon some of the reports I've heard over the years, either person can be the culprit in this relationship. Whitney has confessed to striking Bobby, but Bobby and herslf has insisted that he never hit her. When LOTS of drugs and alcohol is involved, then I think both should seek treatment and counseling. If both put thier heart into their recovery, then the next step is to vibe with each other. Who knows, after both are cleaned and their minds are right, maybe they wont have much in common and decide to part ways. Then again they could become a model couple.

I think Bobby is Ike.....but can be changed with the right
counseling and treatment as well whitney
i wish them both the best and that they do make it all work
from what i've heard is these two are fighting them self for
respect and holding on to a cause that really is gone

Welcome Nightlance

Nightlance...welcome to our community and thank you for joining and raising some interesting questions about a topic that's been bantered around the media for a long time now.

I think your perspective is one that is healthy and necessary to discuss. Until such time as a couple like this can deal with their personal issues in a healthy way, I think they should separate. I believe the saying that misery loves company and it appears to me that Bobby and Whitney exhibit a co-dependent behavior. Because neither one is happy with themselves or each other right now, they can't find the best part of themselves to give to each other or their child. So the dysfunctional cycle is repeated over and over again. Sometimes you can be so close to a problem and so caught up in it, that you can't see the solution when it's right there in front of you. What they are exhibiting is not "love", it's a fear of admitting that you have failed, a fear of being alone, a fear of hearing people say, "I told you so," a fear of admitting that you have a serious medical and psychological/behavioral problem that you need help to fix. All of what you have already stated, Nightlance.

I hope they get themselves together for their sake and the sake of their daughter. If there is anything good to be found in this relationship and within them as individuals, they need to start looking for it....now.

Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back