Black People : Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston's Funeral

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chevron Dove, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston's Funeral -

…Brown, … has released an official statement, explaining the situation in full. "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how." …
    [COLOR=#0000ff]http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bobby-brown-explains-why-left-whitney-houstons-funeral-215116333.html[/COLOR]

Well, my thoughts and prayers goes out to the family on both sides, including Bobby Brown, and I believe that he handled himself wonderfully. I believe too that the song that was said to have been delivered by the gospel singer Kim Burrell, A Change Has Got to Come, was so fitting. I look forward to the day when a change will come and I live on the very hope and promises of my creator in that...as Jennifer Hudson once sang, 'Jesus Promised me a Home Over There' ... New Jerusalem.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I think he conducted himself right .........I was wondering why he left so soon !

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    so sad…..

4. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    That was sad how could they act so childish at a funeral...

5. eword

eword Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    Whitney Houston is gone, but what really killed her? Was her death preventable? And what can we learn from her death?
    NOTE: The following link contains new and old informaton, that's why in the last paragraph you will notice the words 'Bush Administration'.
    - http://www.infowars.com/the-secret-behind-whitney-houstons-death/

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    it broke my heart to read this ... so very sad ...

Thank You Sister Chevron for sharing.

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

7. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I agree. And I beleive him too, that Whitney wouldn't have like what had happened.

8. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    yes, and there was other reports that said he was told to move because they needed to make room for Cissy Houston, but I would have thought her seating would have been absolutely reserved to the point there would have been no need to tell somebody, anybody to move. Then a family member got the police to approach Bobby to make him move, and eventually he just made his respects and left quietly.

9. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Interesting. I agree, the drug and pharmaceutical industry needs an overhaul and I believe that the government has done things to cause harm that could be prevented. I kind of remember briefly viewing something you posted awhile back that also might apply to this issue as well. I remember it was about Dr. Corbett [?] in how she said that the government has two sets of books, one they let the public know about and the other they keep for themselves.

But the kind of drugs that rich people get ahold of, i believe they can get them easily and abuse them but I don't know how the average person could. Years ago, I worked as a bench chemist and I tested the kind of drug Ms. Houston was said to be using, Xanax, and never even knew anything about it until I did extra research and also, I was given something like it by an emergency room doctor when I was seriously grieving and later once when I went to the dentist. It was not until I went to the dentist and he gave me some and told me to take one a few hours before I came in the morning and he told me that I would not be able to work my 3rd shift job if I was on it. But I didn't believe him and there I was trying to run test for this very drug class and about to pass out, so I left and went home. I took another one before my appointment and I was like a rag doll afterwards, and dont remember nothing. I had to be taken home.

From what I remember, Xanax is a Benzo drug and in a class of drugs called BZP [ or BZD, or diazapem] drugs and we tested for about five different kinds such as vallium and more. i heard they were once called 'date rape' drugs. Man!-they are strong drugs and I cn't imagine taking alcohol with it as well. Other than a doctor, I couldn't imagine how the average person could get ahold of them.

10. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    You're welcome! Yes, it breaks my heart too. I so enjoyed what both of them had to offer in regards to their music, beauty, and talent, and now they have a beautiful daughter to add to their lives.

I remember when Whitney made this song, One Moment in Time, and how it was played during the olympics years ago, and just about everytime I hear it I think about the ice skater that year, Debbie Thomas, and most of all, I remember flo jo, of whom is another young Black woman so very beautiful and talented and of whom died so very young. So I decided to post some youtubes I f ound: