Black Relationships : Blue Collar Blues

Oh, yeah, people seriously limit their options by checking job titles. When I was 16, I made a list of everything my man HAD to have when I got married. Now that I'm almost 25, I find myslef re-evaluating a lot. I guess my question now is "does he have a job?" instead of "how much does he make?" There are good brothers walking around that work for UPS, Fed-Ex, in any of the automotive plants, the phone company, the cable company... But plenty of women (I'm using women because I AM a woman) overlook these brothers because they're not maing 6 figures and driving a Benz.....

Toylin,
Funny thing is...I rarely ask if someone is working or where they work. I am also bad at asking how old people are, which is why I meet so many men who are 10 years younger than me. I usually get caught up in having conversations with people and just don't get around to asking those things.

CarrieMonet said:
Toylin,
Funny thing is...I rarely ask if someone is working or where they work. I am also bad at asking how old people are, which is why I meet so many men who are 10 years younger than me. I usually get caught up in having conversations with people and just don't get around to asking those things.

I hear you, girl. Sometimes, i don't bother asking much, either. But being that i'm 24, I get 17,18 year olds hanging around me, or I got 45-55 year olds telling me I need a sugar daddy. So, I have a tendency to ask. The job thing? Usually i ask when brother starts talking about his money, his car, and whether or not he lives with his parents. If he says something like, "Man, I hate my job.." I ask what he does. I almost never come out of the blue asking him where he works/what he does/how much he makes. That's disrespectful.

I think men don't really care as long as you're a good woman. I think women tend to focus on what they are getting into financially even before they know if the guy is a good man or not. I don't think a woman wants to date someone that makes less than them because women seem to have this attitude like "I can do bad by myself". Not all of course :x: I think it's sad because no matter what your income is...you're not better than anyone else...but many forget that. I don't care as long as you're a good woman and you're constantly working on being a better person. Money is not important.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back