Black Entertainment : Blood sacrifice for fame?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by MsInterpret, Nov 7, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    My homeboy and I were having this long conversation last night about the music industry and how he believes that some of these mainstream hip-hop/r&b artists are tied to the illuminate. Pretty much he was saying that these artists sold their soul to the devil (white man) to get rich, and also sacrificed some other folk's souls too for their fame.

He showed me this video....

2. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    Honestly it doesn't bother me in part because i dont care about artists or their beliefs....I'ma fan of music i tend not to have concern for celebrities lives

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    How can you separate the two when lyrics are an expression of ideology? Some lyrical content is overt and some is subliminal when means it has hidden meaning.

Its like movies. Alot of Black people just get into the action without paying attention to the dialogue. But the dialogue and even the way in which cinematographers shoot certain scenes carry subliminal messages. Even in media advertising. If you notice "interracial" ads, Black people are usually placed to the right of the ad. Or that's how it appears to the viewer but a mirror image would mean the position is actually to the left. Isn't that how Black people are usually seen politically...to the Left of white folks?

These are not just casual obsevations. I have spent more than enought time in my life involved in several aspects of the entertainment industry (music and film) to know that these images which are projected, as well as the "messages" are intentional and carefully crafted.

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Prof Griff is on point in that first video. And I wonder if he made this before or after his house in Atlanta went up in flames.

I got some close fam with ties to Rap A Lot so I won't say much on that except much truth in those statements. Because these brothers, once they get in those higher circles, the first thing they do is sacrifice those closest to them. That's why I had to let it go (the industry).

5. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298

YOU COULDN'T BE MORE ON POINT....AS A CHILD I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THE MUSICIANS WERE POSITIONED IN CERTAIN WAYS ON SOME OF THIER ALBUM COVERS.......IT WAS JUST SO OBVIOUS THAT THEIR POSTURE DIDN'T AMPLIFY ANY BLACKNESS ASIDE FROM APPEARANCE.....

WHEN I QUESTIONED THESE THINGS , DISMISSAL ITSELF , LIKE TODAY , SEEMED MORE FITTING AND USUALLY CARRIED MORE VOLUME THAN CURIOSITY.....ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WAS DELIVERED WITH SARCASM....

I BELIEVE WHEN WE TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT WHO CONTROLS/OWNS WHO....AND WHO HAS THE OVERALL SAY , AND WHERE THEIR LOYALTIES LIE.....WITHOUT EVEN STUDYING ' THEIR TRUE HISTORY " , THE BIG PICTURE BECOMES CLEARER....

WARRIOR

6. WARRIOR

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298

TO MY KNOWLEDGE......GRIFF DID THIS VIDEO BEFORE HIS HOUSE WAS BURNED DOWN....

WE KNOW HIS HOUSE BEING BURNED DOWN DEFINITELY CAME AFTER KNIGHT , PRINCE , GOTTI , & DASH WERE AMBUSHED.....

AFTER LEARNING ABOUT THIS....IT BECAME CLEARER TO ME WHY TOPPER CAREW WAS RAISING MUCH HELL BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S......ABOUT MORE
    AFRICANS GETTING INTO MASS DISTRIBUTION.....

MY OLDEST DAUGHTER SHARES MY PASSION FOR FUNK & JAZZ....EVEN THOUGH SHE IS DEVOTED TO THE RAP MUSIC OF TODAY.....WHICH I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO STOMACH SINCE TRIBE CALLED QUEST SLOWED DOWN....

WHEN SHE TELLS ME ABOUT A NEW RAPPER SHE LIKES , SHE KNOWS TO JUST HIP ME TO THE INSTRUMENTAL TRACK.....FOR THEIR WORDS ARE NOT OF ANY USE TO ME....

SHE KEEPS SOME GROVER WASHINGTON JR. & P-FUNK IN HER CAR.....WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR ??

WARRIOR

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Yeah, I thought that the situation with Griff's home came afterwards. I was doing alot of traveling between Dallas and ATL at the time and remember some of the fundraisers folks in ATL were having for him. I also remember that SOURCE ran a number of articles on the situation with Gotti, etc. The governemnt was coming at them under the RICO act. I also remember that OZONE magazine stopped circulating in alot of areas at that time. They did an issue featuring Steve Austin and some other groups from Texas then it seemed like distribution stopped. Before that Pimp C put alot of them fools on notice, including Russell Simmons.

http://www.hhpulse.com/news/1/ARTICLE/217/2007-07-24.html

Hold up. I said before I wasn't gonna get too deep into it. lol!

Peace!

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    By the way brother WARRIOR, funk and jazz IS where its at. I aint bought no hip hop since I moved back to Cali in fall 08. There ain't really even a scene here anymore. Snoop. Black Eyed Peas. A few more. Mainstream junk. Dont even hear much outta the Bay anymore. Grover and P-Funk will never die!

9. WARRIOR

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298
    VERY TRUE.....

PIMP C JUST TOLD IT.....BECAUSE HE WAS SICK OF ALL THE TRASH THAT EVERYONE WAS NURTURING.....

PLUS.....NO ONE WAS TRYING TO TEACH THE YOUTH!!

SO....SOMEONE MADE SURE HE WAS TAKEN OUT....

IM JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT THEIR NEXT MOVE ON DMX WILL BE.....SURELY HE IS OUTNUMBERED....

BUT , TO BE HONEST WITH YA BRO. OMOWALEJABALI....AND I SPEAK FOR MYSELF ON THIS....BECAUSE OF THE MANY RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES HERE , I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.....

TO ME.....IT'S ALL IN SCRIPTURE....WHICH LIKE YOU , ON THE KNOWLEDGE , I WON'T GO INTO....

BUT I WILL SAY THIS.....

WHAT I WAS TAUGHT.....WAS THE FIRST SOUND EACH MORNING IN HEAVEN....WAS MUSIC.....AND THE INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT GLORIOUS MUSIC , WAS CAST OUT....FOR CERTAIN REASONS...

AND TO MY UNDERSTANDING......RIGHT NOW , THAT INDIVIDUAL HAS A FIERCE HAND IN THE MESSAGES THAT ARE DELIVERED IN MUSIC THROUGH THE MAJOR MUSIC LABELS....

AND CONSIDERING THOSE VIDEOS , THE KNOWLEDGE OF TEMPLE ROOMS ALONG WITH THE PREISTHOOD WITHIN THESE MUSIC LABELS......IT'S NOT HARD TO CONNECT THE THE DOTS....THOUGH I'M QUITE SURE IT'S LENGTHY....

I FEEL YOU MAN.....

WARRIOR

10. WARRIOR

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298
    I SPENT A LARGE PART OF MY YOUTH IN CALI...( riverside , bay area )

AND.....IF IT WASN'T FUNKY , IT WASN'T RIGHT....WHICH IS WHY I GIVE DR. DRE HIS PROPS.....

AS FOR JAZZ.....I'LL NEVER LET GO....

REST IN PEACE....GROVER WASHINGTON JR. , GEORGE HOWARD , WAYMAN TISDALE , ART PORTER ...

WARRIOR

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Blood sacrifice for fame