Destee Network : Blogs Nominated Finalists for BlackWebAwards.com

ct

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 15, 2006
Guys, I need your help and hope you will share with others. My blog, http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com (ctherd.blogspot.com) along with my son's blog, http://www.weallbe.com (WeAllBe.com) have been nominated as finalist for the The Black Web Award 2007 in the following categories:

Knowledge and Education:
Best E-letter for Knowledge:

WeAllBe.com newsletter

( http://www.weallbe.com )

Best Site for Single Parents

C T Herd.blogspot.com
(located at: http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com)

Also vote dwightfryer.com for Best Author Site

To cast your vote for your favorite websites, just fill out the form at: . It's free! If you wish to implement a write in campaign, just write in the name of your favorite in the appropriate form below. Good luck to all the contestants!

Ballots are open from now until Ballots close October 20, 2006 . Please cast your votes for my son and spread the words to others to vote. Please click on the following URL to cast your vote:

http://www.blackwebawards.com/home

This is a great and prestiage honor and I am glad they felt like I already knew that both sites are excellent resources waiting for others to utilize.

Invitation Only Gala Awards Program The First Annual Premier Gala Awards showcase. On October 28, 2006, the BWA Gala.

What Is WeAllBe.com?

W. E. A.L.L. B.E. MEANS:

W. ORLD
E. NRICHING

A. CTIVATING
L. IBERATING
L. OVE

B. EAUTIFICATION
E. XPERIENCE

The purpose of W.E. A.L.L. B.E. is to engage people of all walks of life in a constructive and productive dialogue on the issues of our day whether it be the arts, race, religion, class, sexuality, economics, education, entertainment, environment etc.

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. knows the only way we are going to get to the point where we all can learn to embrace and love one another is that we all must first learn how to embrace and love ourselves (KNOWLEDGE OF SELF)...IGNORANCE ISN'T BLISS IT'S DANGEROUS...True knowledge is empowerment and empowerment is created from speaking truth to power by taking action...True power is manifested from our soul and imagination.

The purpose of W.E. A.L.L. B.E. is to teach people to love (at least tolerate and/or better understand) and respect the diversity of all people regardless of point of view, race, sexual orientation, socio-economic status etc.

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. believes that in order to eradicate ignorance and mis-education that we all must play a part in educating each other about ourselves, hence "each one teach one." Another one of W.E. A.L.L. B.E.'s purposes is to present many sides of the issue and let the individual not society decide where he/she should stand on a issue by providing as much creditable information as possible.

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. is a news-action (not action-news) organization meaning that it is a news forum that's dedicated to creating our own news by actively pursuing and letting all voices be heard on any of the issues of our day.

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. believes that we all can solve our problems by extending the dialogue beyond the newspaper headlines and scroller at the bottom of cable news network channels…KNOWLEDGE IS VERY EMPOWERING IF YOU KNOW HOW TO APPLY IT TO BETTER NOT ONLY YOURSELF, BUT ALSO THE CONDITIONS AND THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU.

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. believes that ALL SPECTATORS MUST BECOME PARTICIPANTS IN ENSURING THE GROWTH OF THIS ALTERNATIVE NEWS OUTLET BY SUPPLYING W.E. A.L.L. B.E WITH THE FOOD FOR THOUGHT OR CONTENT FOR FURTHER GROWTH, STRENGTH, AND SURVIVAL.

W.E. A.L.L. B.E. SHOULD BE LOOK AT AS BEING A LIVING BREATHING ORGANISM MEANING THAT ITS LIFE'S EXISTENCE IS DEPENDED UPON THE PEOPLE'S KINDNESS AND NURTUREMENT…IT'S DEFINITELY GOING TO TAKE A VIRTUAL AND LITERAL VILLAGE TO RAISE THIS CHILD!!! THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU ARE A POET, VISUAL ARTIST, MUSICIAN, A PERSON WITH SOME NEWS TO SHARE OR A PERSON WITH A LOT ON THEIR MIND AND BELIEVES IN THE HEALING POWER OF PUTTING PEN OR PENCIL TO PAPER OR FINGERS TO KEYBOARD THEN FEEL FREE TO FORWARD ALL CONTENT ALONG WITH CONTACT INFORMATION AND A SHORT BIO TO r2c2h2@gmail.com

Who Is Dwight Fryer?

Dwight Fryer began writing in the mid 1990s and his first novel, The Legend of Quito Road will be published in May 2006 on the Sepia imprint by BET BOOKS, a subsidiary of Black Entertainment Television. The Legend of Quito Road chronicles the story of a thirteen year old boy whose religious father teaches him to make illegal moonshine whiskey in 1932 Lucy, Tennessee. The themes of this historical novel show that the worst things wrong with most of us were planted there by those who love us best. “Making white lightning just gets in your bones,” Gill Erby told his only boy during their first trip to a whiskey still. That illicit knowledge transformed Son, as his momma Sarah called Raymond Simon Erby, from pure and innocent to cunning and calculating. The economic and emotional common ground of Prohibition-era illegal whiskey and cross-race relationships create the story’s tension.

Dwight holds a MS in Information Systems and Telecommunications Management from Christian Brothers University and a BBA in Accounting from the University of Memphis. Dwight attended the Iowa Summer Writing Festival and the Hurston / Wright Writers Week to take Advanced Novel courses. He has also attended the Napa Valley Writers’ Conference, and The Oxford Conference for the book and has taught a workshop at the Memphis Black Writers’ Conference. He has twenty-five years business experience in transportation, manufacturing, and capital services in technology, finance, accounting, marketing, and leadership. He is a manager in the International Marketing Department of a major transportation firm based in Memphis, Tennessee. Dwight is an ordained Christian minister, a 2004 graduate of Leadership Memphis, a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., and serves on the Board of Directors of Memphis’ Porter-Leath Children’s Center and historic Zion-Christian Cemetery.

What is CTHerd.blogspot.com?

Although I called the Blog,: "Planning Preparing for College (Scholarships, Internships, Etc)" it is much deeper than the title allows. The overall purpose of the blog is to be used as a college resource for any one, be it student, parent, undergraduate or post graduate, so that they can have the tools needed for them to succeed in college. Along with helping students to finance college without getting so deeply in debt (with Student loans or other various loans.) I have been doing some form of college preparation from the time, my son start drawing at the age of 2. The funny thing is that he could draw before he could talk clearly. I also knew that I would have to get professional training for him. After preparing my son, I start focusing on helping others to get prepared for college and started organizing ACT workshops, sending out emails with college information, etc. As my middle child got ready for college, it wasn't hard to prepare her, because I learned a lot from my son. At the end of her senior year, she received over $500,000 in scholarships and offers.

It seems that God start pouring down the information, individuals, assigning me as a BioMedical representative for Minority Health, on the Board of Memphis Challenge and Parent Advisory Board for Youth United Way, etc that I needed for preparing my college infrastructure. For years I was using emails to send information to my mail list. My mail list had gotten over 400, but the emails were increasing and taking more and more of my time to circulate. My son end up giving me the best advice that I will always be thankful for. He said: Mom, why don't you use the blog to put your information and have them go to the blog instead of you putting so much time into personal emails. Well, I listened and start blogging from scratch this past February 2006.

Today, I have received over 10,000 hits and I am very grateful to everyone who has visited. My vision is that the blog will use by individuals in the "pass it on scenario" and help all our brothers and sister needing assistance's. I don't want the blog to be a clique thing and share it with just a few individuals.

In the end, I always say, "it takes a village" and once we come together as people, we will prosper. I ask that if you read this posting to take the time and forward the blog, http://www.ctherd.blogspot to be used by others.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back