Black Entertainment : Blair Underwood as US president; "The Event"

On a televison mini series Blair Underwood plays a president risking his life to present disclosure about ETs on earth
after taking office, Martinez had discovered the existence of Mount Inostranka, a secret detention facility in Alaska (inostranka being Russian for female foreigner). He had proposed to close it, disclose its existence and free those held there, a group led by Sophia Maguire (Laura Innes), over the objections of advisers who had been withholding its existence from him. The attempt on his life, stopped when the hijacked airplane mysteriously disappeared into a hole in the space above it, took place just prior to a news conference at which he was going to announce this along with Sophia. She told him "they" had saved them, and when he asked who "they" were, said "I haven't told you everything".

Wikipedia

I've been lookin forward to this show for all summer hoping its not too much like "Lost" which I lost interest in. This might sound completely shallow but I thought it interesting that an English speaking black president (unmistakably black) would be called Martinez. There are dark skinned blacks with Spanish surnames in the US, generally from places like Cuba or the DR. So thats not surprising but it was just one of those things that made me go "Hmmm". Like I said I know it might sound shallow but...hmmm. Why couldn't he be named Singletary or Jenkins?

Anyway, it was the just the premier. I like it so far, but I want to see a few more episodes before I committ to adding to my regular tv lineup. I'm curious what people think about it myself.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back