Black People : Blacks need a culture war

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Mar 31, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/col/louis/

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Yeah.....we DO need a culture war, but I ponder about the likes of Stanley Crouch leading it.

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Word!

Stanley Crouch?

Not.

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    People I've been saying this all along. We need to clean our own houses because right now we are our own worst enemy. We have created a reality of barbarism. When it comes to guiding our youth we as elders and parents have thrown up our hands and given up on our future. The cycle will never stop unless we stop it. As parents one of the first things we can do is turn off the TV and the radio. When the TV is on block all music channels and limit the cartoon channels. Don't buy any music that contains explicit lyrics. Do not purchase video game systems for children. On nice days put your children out of the house at least 4 hours. Let them play outside. Parents and elder we must adopt the attitude that if it isn't good for my kids it's not good for me either. I could go on about tis subject but I'll leave it at that....

Peace.....

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I share this sentiment!

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    It'd be nice if the report told us something we don't already know as Brother Radical Faith explains. Instead of talking about what has happened, and what we should do, do they also propose a plan of attack as to how to counter the problem? In specific detail I mean, not just the same old broad areas, i.e., education, etc. What good are these reports if no one is reading them or doing anything with the information...or are they?

Queenie :spinstar:

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    yeah, i backed out of the thread as soon as i saw his name.......

8. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    blacks need a...

i don't mean to sound negative,but we are some..analyzin,report readin,conference havin folks..we already know what needs to be done and it's up to each individual to see that it gets done,but we are creatures of habit and black folks looooove to talk about what we need to be doin and we get all fired up[for a day or two]and then it's right back to the same ol thing,look black people,turnin off the tv-cuttin out the vidios is fine except for one itty bitty little thing..kids have friends and friends visit and spend time hangin out[unless you're gonna lock em in the house]i didn't think so,now don't just tell a teen not to listen to this or watch that[did it work when we were teens?]they're gonna see and hear alot just hangin out[we did]but if you have sat down and gone over issues then half the battle is won,is there peer pressure[of course]but if you prepare them then your kids nine times out of ten won't get caught up...too many time we sit back waiting for these[ministers-athletes-civil rights leaders]to say something to our young people...folks we are the ones.