Black People : blacks make Asians rich........

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Aug 20, 2005.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    as i walk around Philly everywhere i turn i see black people spending their money with Asians.
    i find it horrifying that we take our money to a people who don't even LIKE us.
    can't sisters do their own nails?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The same thing is happening in Africa. Hopefully the business/investment forum can start to change some people's thinking, and inspire more entreprenuerism among African Americans.

3. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    yea.. all it takes is an emery board from the dollar store and some clear topcoat to keep the water out.. if one must you can buy the lil brushes and whip up a design.. in a flash.. the fact is most dont want to.. they like feeling liek their being waited on.. reverse slave syndrome.. is what i call it!

4. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    As I look around Gary I can say that we are lucky to even get business whether they are black,Arab, or Asian. At least 9 out of 10 of the business' that once stood in this town are abandoned or in such poor condition that you won't want to go in there anyways. I hear Detroit is like that too. I know it sounds bad but I don't even go to the dentists around here, I go the next town over because it seems like we even get the doctors that were in the back of their classes as students.

My dentist is an African, I think his name is Oluseyi Ayangade, he is one of the best dentist I've seen, so much so that he has is little office packed with people all the time, even white folks. I think black people don't be on the grind right or something.

Point I'm saying is that you, even if you are black aren't likely to make the money in your hood as you would if you opened up a business in another community.

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    well, in Philly the blacks are taking all their cash to the Asians and then wondering why we are so poor.

6. Deepvoice

Ratings:
    +4
    We seem to be in a bad way, all day, everyday, don't we James? I like the idea of black business but I don't want quality to be one of the sacrifices for it though. The individual, family, and then the community. It's got to be along that order but first it starts with the individual.

7. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    True and funny bout the nails! Honestly though its more than just sisters. I used to work this part time gig on the weekends at my friend's uncle;s convenience store. Their would be brothers decked out in their gold chains, expensive tennis shoes etc., and would always come up to the register short. At first I would just add the extra change, being naive, then I just stopped. I had to ask the brothers all the time, "Did you tell that white man you wasn't paying $200 for them shoes? Did you ask him for a couple of dollars when you went to the register? Needless to say, they stopped. This was a black owned store in the neighborhood, and they needed to show the same respect they do in a white store.

Sometimes its even the same with the black cashiers. They'll serve whitey all day with a smile or some form of politeness, then act like they can't give the time of day to their own. So, I sometimes have to say a little somethin, too, and I do it as well with whitefolks. I watch how they treat the people in front of me and expect the same treatment.

8. Deepvoice

Ratings:
    +4
    I find myself not respecting people who don't respect themselves, I think that is exactly whats going on. If I walk by a man who doesn't take a bath then I would be sure to never cross his path again, a man who doesn't brush his teeth will not be allowed talk to close to my face, and if a man doesn't act professional in a place of business, then he is not deserving of mine.

I can't stand when black people put on their secretary/executive voice and phony smiles when in the presence of white folks either. Especially in informal meetings. Go to the store ask for help and they act like you messing up they groove or something. I talk to them like a dog when they do it to me, I play the angry BLACK negro role real nice in those situations. Ignorance only responds to more ignorance and self-hate to more self-hate.

9. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    It's not just Asians, it's Arabs and Hispanics too.

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    do you think the Asians are giving quality service to black people? in Philly they are not.
    they rip the blacks off and the blacks seem to love it.
    that's what i'm getting at, why do we love these people so?
    they despise us.

is this some form of masochism, running after some one who hates you?
    sisters trying to touch their hair.
    it is sick to me.