Black People : Blacks in North Africa and Middle East Often Face Virulent Racism from Arabs

Alarm Clock

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 6, 2013
arabracismmorocco-300x198.jpg

As the West continues to train its focus on racism leveled at blacks by white people in the U.S. and recently in Europe and Israel, attention has increasingly been directed at the mistreatment of blacks by Arabs in Northern Africa and the Middle East.
For years, observers interested in probing a little more deeply in Iraqi society than the typical Western news stations found that the sizable black population in Iraq endures a form of virulent racism that African Americans haven’t seen in more than 50 years. Blacks there say they are regularly called “slave” and followed by groups of kids yelling epithets.
The Canadian academic Salim Mansur has claimed, “Blacks are viewed by Arabs as racially inferior, and Arab violence against blacks has a long, turbulent record.”
http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/10...e-east-often-face-virulent-racism-from-arabs/

Black Africans should just stop practicing Islam,they should stop living among these disgusting heathens. I have never met a sane Arab in my life,death to all towel heads.
I dont think that is necessary! Or a reasobale or logical response to the issue!

98% of the good friends I have here from the Motherland in BK are Muslim, and I would be a knucka to denegrate them or those who have passed on like Sekou Ture, Cheik Anta Diop, Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X, Dr Khalid Muhammad, Minister Joseph X (Joe Tex), Art Blakey, or those famous and still with us like Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Muhammad Ali, Ahmed Jamal, Imam Jalil (H Rap Brown) and the Muslim members of Destee, and Imam Siraj Wahaj!

Black youth are demonized cause of the excesses and madness of street gangs, I refuse to follow in the same mindset of a Sean Hannity or a Rush Limbaugh! 2 wrongs never make a right!

It seems like our people go through it everywhere....I scream the answer is to unite, but can we build an umbrella that big?
Malcolm said it best in his intro to the Ballot or the Bullet!

Before we try and explain what is meant by the ballot or the bullet, I would like to clarify something concerning myself. I'm still a Muslim; my religion is still Islam.
That's my personal belief. Just as Adam Clayton Powell is a Christian minister who heads the Abyssinian Baptist Church in New York, but at the same time takes part in the political struggles to try and bring about rights to the black people in this country; and Dr. Martin Luther King is a Christian minister down in Atlanta, Georgia, who heads another organization fighting for the civil rights of black people in this country; and Reverend Galamison,
I guess you've heard of him, is another Christian minister in New York who has been deeply involved in the school boycotts to eliminate segregated education; well, I myself am a minister, not a Christian minister, but a Muslim minister; and I believe in action on all fronts by whatever means necessary.

Although I'm still a Muslim, I'm not here tonight to discuss my religion. I'm not here to try and change your religion. I'm not here to argue or discuss anything that we differ about, because it's time for us to submerge our differences and realize that it is best for us to first see that we have the same problem, a common problem, a problem that will make you catch hell whether you're a Baptist, or a Methodist,
or a Muslim, or a nationalist.
Whether you're educated or illiterate, whether you live on the boulevard or in the alley, you're going to catch hell just like I am. We're all in the same boat and we all are going to catch the same hell from the same man!

http://www.edchange.org/multicultural/speeches/malcolm_x_ballot.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back