Black Money Business Jobs : Blacks and investing

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Shikamaru, May 6, 2012.

1. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    [ X ]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    After reading these links made a mind wonder why we at such a low rate to advance into the markets / investment plans
    and could we put away money without banking and what return for the future is there .....As i pounder on this while i have
    invested in some stocks / having a 401K and small retirement funds going on will it be enough !

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Thanks one thing in one link say we have very little in bank accounts that's true for me because i like to have less there
    what i learn was to buy a few small safe boxes that's water and fire proof and store your valuables there
    I have but i have to really look into buying silver & gold while i do have a very small amount of this and a huge collection
    of old coins and paper dollars , not sure of value I try to stay stocked in foods that you can live on dry fruits/nuts can goods
    bag tea and yes owning two pieces of property but the economy haven't allowed me to reach out for more

while i want more yet at a stand still and at lost to get it ......brainstorming off the prices today and how can i
    save a buck out of every 5.00 i make has become hard maybe buying into something would be the trick !

again thanks for the advice because many of us can use it....

4. Jaya Makara

Jaya Makara Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +136
    I myself, have been looking at investments. I however trust no bank and trust no market. But I am into Forex. As well as mutual funds, annuities and municipal bonds.
    I do agree that we need to have some numbers in the investment market but I am leery. You should always have gold. Not gold on paper neither. I mean real gold.
    I have a few things in place. Have land as an asset and some stocks. But I think on the scale of trade. If no money is any good what will you trade or have to trade. Great post though.

5. Jaya Makara

Jaya Makara Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +136

Yes I have but I also think like the powers that be. Money is of no object to me because money can't go with you when you die. If you look at how the world is dominated yes they control the money but the money isn't the power. Gold is. Natural useful resources are. When the market falls what will money do?

Think about it. When we had all those issues with the stock market and the worry of collapse what did people do? Sell and try to cash in but if the dollar falls tomorrow all that money invested is shot and has 0 value because NO BANK HAS FDIC INSURANCE!!! Your investments are a real risk and that's why it's uninsured.

6. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    pretty shells 'n beads? lol

no, im just playing. ppl have bartered with cigarretes for crapscsake! you can barter with services and skills: can you build things? can you treat wounds and render care? do u have a green thumb? can u track things...how good r your land nav skills?

some skillsets r applicable regardless. others...not so much. ppl like my husband r going to b up a creek if the economy hits the skids. lol. he's going to b glad that he married me if the pooh hits the fan. I don't really 'get' his job. its challenging work. its impressive but its not useful in all realities. imo trading, ibanking and brokering and such truly boast some of the most useless skills on the planet, when u think about it.
    no offense shikamura. lol

anyway ---

we have lots of land out in the country. wild hogs r always roaming about in s texas. hundreds of them. so I figure - in post apocalyptic america - that'll b good enough. lol
    you just need a place to rest your head, clean running water and access to food.

gold? that's fine. yall might b overestimating its importance. the usefulness would depend on the reality. how the society or individuals consider its worth.
    I only value gold bc others seem to...at this time: barely. i really won't care much for it if the markets fell.

I mean- can u eat it or...? lol