Black People : Blackness Now Socially and Scientifically Defunct?!

We aren't left empty-handed with anything. Again, this is part of the movement to perpetuate the interests of our enemies. It isn't anything new--it's just being pushed because of the times. The end of white/light 'supremacy' is nearing its end, and all of a sudden, there is this wealth of confusion about who's black and who's not?? All of a sudden, there's no such thing as race?? :10500: Please. Notice that no one else's identity is being questioned---just that of Black people. I agree with Kola Boof. There are lighter Blacks, but all those considered light aren't---some are the actual mixed types. We needn't embrace or accept their data, and we need to question the loyalties of those who do. If you didn't read 'Destruction of Black Civilization', please do, as Dr. Chancellor Williams would disagree.

Yes! You are MY type of sista! LOL

Believe me-- everything you've said here is EXACTLY what I said during the time-- but dont you find it the least bit considerable concerning the fact that Ivan van sertima agreed with it though?

No, I don't. He was a great scholar but had limitations just like any other. Plus, you have to remember, he was at one point married to a nonblack woman himself. Folks' personal choices, despite claims otherwise, WILL often taint how they see things. I don't know of any Black people who have straight hair as an indigenous trait other than some of those in Australia and maybe (maybe) certain parts of Asia---our hair is what tends to distinguish us. People claim that we had all those traits, but most who say that cannot point to folks where those very traits haven't primarily been bred in due to political maneuverings of some sort. The Amhara people, who are largely mixed, have become the face of Ethiopia, but I can assure you they are not the primary population there....the Oromos are. The Oromos are in the South....closer to Kenya. Here's a small glimpse of some of those people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0ANh7kAak&feature=related

Black people who have lived primarily among other Black people (as on the continent) have not always classified themselves as Black only because it would not have distinguished them from Blacks in neighboring ethnic groups. Once again....this is the nature of the game---to cause confusion and uncertainty.

Yes! You are MY type of sista! LOL

Believe me-- everything you've said here is EXACTLY what I said during the time-- but dont you find it the least bit considerable concerning the fact that Ivan van sertima agreed with it though?

You're welcome....just KNOW the game, and panic won't set. Nothing is new under the sun.

I'm not sure if you were here during this thread-- but there was a thread on here that also talked extensibly about this subject and there was a HUGe argument over it.

Unfortunately I cant post links as of yet though. I will come back and post all the links as soon as my post count reaches 25.

No, I don't. He was a great scholar but had limitations just like any other. Plus, you have to remember, he was at one point married to a nonblack woman himself. Folks' personal choices, despite claims otherwise, WILL often taint how they see things. I don't know of any Black people who have straight hair as an indigenous trait other than some of those in Australia and maybe (maybe) certain parts of Asia---our hair is what tends to distinguish us. People claim that we had all those traits, but most who say that cannot point to folks where those very traits haven't primarily been bred in due to political maneuverings of some sort. The Amhara people, who are largely mixed, have become the face of Ethiopia, but I can assure you they are not the primary population there....the Oromos are. The Oromos are in the South....closer to Kenya. Here's a small glimpse of some of those people:

Black people who have lived primarily among other Black people (as on the continent) have not always classified themselves as Black only because it would not have distinguished them from Blacks in neighboring ethnic groups. Once again....this is the nature of the game---to cause confusion and uncertainty.

Mmmmm.. another great, on-point post!

You know I always had these suspicions but always second-guessed them!

One of the primary things that ALWAYS perplexed me was HOW in the world Ivan Van Sertima could call these people from North and East africa "pure"-- but yet when we look upon the walls and tombs of the ancient Egyptian they showed almost ALL of their black pharoahs with either having WIDE noses or kinky hair. and egypt is RIGHT UP ABOVE NORTHERN ETHIOPIA-- home of these amharic people that mofos are now trying to claim are 100% pure! LOL. Totally laughable!

Like I said-- shxt just wasnt adding up here.

I never DID go for the whole theory that climate over time all of a sudden just HAPPENED to change black people's appearances from that of Djimon Honsou and Oprah winfrey to that of Halle Berry and Lenny Kravitz simply because the wind blew differently in one direction rather than the other. That always DID sound like horse-shxt to me.

thanks for confirming my suspicions!

I understand your point

Never heard of this.

There are always your few uncle tom-- usually-mulattocized Negroes in america who talk this crap.

Nothing new but gullible negroes thinking that if they give up the term "black american" then one day white people may just see them as a "regular american" instead.

typical negro foolishness at its finest.

However-- Negro foolishness for wanting to be accepted and BLATANT anti-BLACK self-hatred and a loathing of ALL things black including FEATUREs is a TOTAL different monster.

Now mind you, somalis, Ethios and other North africans-- just like the rest of them whom typically have lighter skin and/or limper hair than other blacks have the UTMOST HATRED for the rest of us and even have words in their own languages that demean blacks and our features. If you dont believe me then you just need to go to one of their forums and see how bad they talk about blacks-- OTHER Africans, even in the same regions as them with blacker skin and features are shown no mercy either.

THIS to me signals to me a VERY mulatto-esque type behavior and shows me that this is very much indeed a muiatto group.
Not that I disagree with the author's notions that Black people come in different features and that its only natural that we as a race of people may have our variances.

But to take it a step further and say that a group of people with light almost WHITE skin, straight hair, thin noses, whom seemingly seem to show a virulent hatred in their language towards blacks and all black features, all the while designating themselves "caucasian" (a la Hailie selassie) and yet are supposed to be more "pure" and more "African" in their blood than AA's are just isnt adding up correctly.

Especially considering that the tribal name for this distinct group of Ethiopians are named "Habesha"-- which in essence means "MIXED RACE".

IDK but I smell a white man meddling in African affairs again trying to cause even more confusion than what there already is.

Ever since Dr. Keita gave his stamp of approval over this-- there has been a steady influx of Africans from those regions whom classify themselves as different from blacks and other Africans.

The whites in turn are USING this to their own advantage by now calling these Africans whom are made to be distanced from the rest of Africa in the upper eastern regions of Africa "Hamites"-- saying that they in actuality are "Black Caucasisans" along with Egypt, thus gaining them the upper hand when it comes to claiming Egypt as a civilization that had nothing to do with "true" or "full-blooded Negroes". But the more Caucasoid strains of them.

Sounds like an attempt of trying to distance Africans by tribal lines to me.

Any further thoughts?

but I hope to disagreewithout being disagreeable.

From Black history and personal experiences with co-workers, family friends, and businessassociatesit seemsasthough the lightest and thosewho can passfor white ,areembarassedby their complexion and like the blue eyed brown straight haired pale skinned white looking brother, from the novel "The Spook Who Sat by the Door", make a poin of being n the forefront of Black progressive discussion and collective ideology.

From Black history there is the occultist ad abolitionist,
who brought Rosicrucianism to the United States;
Dr Paschal Beverly Randolph

the great JA Rogers

the great mentor of Dr Clarke and Dr Ben;
John Jackson

Elijah Muhammed

Adam Clayton Powell Junior

SoniaSanchez

Angela Davis

Glen Ford of the Black Agenda Report

Tony Brown

Dr Claude Anderson

Dorothy Height(PBUH)

Lena Horne(PBUH)

Bob Marley

WEB Du Bois

Huey P Newton

Dr Joy Degruy

cong. Mickie Leland

Our Man in Brooklyn;
City Councilman CharlesBarron

December 12th Movement;
Omawale Clay

Now from my conntemporary understanding of Africa, I have heard Nigerians of my complexion and darker, say how much they are better then the surropunding nationsbecausethey were
colonized by the "great" Britain, instead of the French.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back