Black People : Blackness Now Socially and Scientifically Defunct?!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by achilles007, May 13, 2010.

1. achilles007

achilles007 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Ever since Dr. Keita published his biological findings that put an end to the widely held belief that Ethiopians, Somalis, and other NorthEast Africans were mixed with Ay-rab blood and even declared them as supposedly even more "purer" in their blood than African-Americans were, people are now challenging whether or not pure Blacks are supposed to ALL have wooly hair, and dark skin.

^^The guy in the article even goes a step further in the link stating that it ISNT self-hatred when one prefers lighter skin and EVEN stated that lighter-skin, softer/wavy hair and thin noses ALWAYS were a PRIZED possession in how Africans viewed beauty long before the European came.

What do you guys think?

Dr. Ivan Van Sertima seems to agree with the notion that one's Blackness ISNT confined to facial features, wooly hair or skin color, and even published a book on the "6 Different Negro types", declaring that pure-black Africans can be born without the features of what we think upon as the "True Negro".

Is this nothing but Euro propaganda again? Meant to divide black people into groups now based on phenotypes?

If not-- then that puts an end to the vast majority of Kola Boof's writings about the "Authentic Black Man", and the measurement of blackness being done by one's hair texture. And it also means we and the African people in general have some SERIOUS re-thinking to do in how we view ourselves as a BLACK people and measuring BLACKNESS and whether the term is truly even literarily functional AT ALL!

IDK, though-- this ALL sounds suspect.

We got people now trying to make ties between US and our historical enemies, declaring the concept of "Race" and "blackness" as defunct.
    The number of Africans refusing to call themselves "black" in light of this situation is growing steadily.

Which signals a problem in my book.

What do you guys think? Check out the link:
    (they wont let me post the link)

If we are to accept this new-found standard this puts an end to the way we pro-blacks have always viewed LIFE in terms of RACE and COLOR as we KNOW IT! and it represents a SERIOUS problem as it absolutely turns everything we THOUGHT we knew UPSIDE DOWN on its head.

Any thoughts?

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    This is just more white/light supremacy propaganda. The enemy of the Black/African people from every segment/race (including other 'blacks') on the planet is desperate to deny the legacy so they can steal it and benefit from it. It's an excuse for negroes to continue to perpetuate negroism without consequence. I can guarantee you that these 'Africans' who are refusing to align themselves with blackness were already looking for a 'legitimate' excuse to do so. I maintain we put too much stock in their (meaning them AND their devotees) science without doing the research for ourselves.

This was posted before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HDx6_s3O60

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I do not know if it is politically correct to be honest,
    but didn't a whole bunch of folks say they are no longer Black but American because that after 1/21/2009, they believedthey had arrived at a
    post racial America?

4. achilles007

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there dear sister-- i totally agree with you.

However-- as you said-- until our research is done to effectively provide the rebuttal towards this new approach on race matters-- it appears we are left empty-handed this time.

I mean-- even Dr. Ivan van Sertima agreed with them!

something needs to be done about this and QUICK! Because this may represent grave consequences for us if we dont.

5. achilles007

Ratings:
    +1
    Never heard of this.

There are always your few uncle tom-- usually-mulattocized Negroes in america who talk this crap.

Nothing new but gullible negroes thinking that if they give up the term "black american" then one day white people may just see them as a "regular american" instead.

typical negro foolishness at its finest.

However-- Negro foolishness for wanting to be accepted and BLATANT anti-BLACK self-hatred and a loathing of ALL things black including FEATUREs is a TOTAL different monster.

Now mind you, somalis, Ethios and other North africans-- just like the rest of them whom typically have lighter skin and/or limper hair than other blacks have the UTMOST HATRED for the rest of us and even have words in their own languages that demean blacks and our features. If you dont believe me then you just need to go to one of their forums and see how bad they talk about blacks-- OTHER Africans, even in the same regions as them with blacker skin and features are shown no mercy either.

THIS to me signals to me a VERY mulatto-esque type behavior and shows me that this is very much indeed a muiatto group.
    Not that I disagree with the author's notions that Black people come in different features and that its only natural that we as a race of people may have our variances.

But to take it a step further and say that a group of people with light almost WHITE skin, straight hair, thin noses, whom seemingly seem to show a virulent hatred in their language towards blacks and all black features, all the while designating themselves "caucasian" (a la Hailie selassie) and yet are supposed to be more "pure" and more "African" in their blood than AA's are just isnt adding up correctly.

Especially considering that the tribal name for this distinct group of Ethiopians are named "Habesha"-- which in essence means "MIXED RACE".

IDK but I smell a white man meddling in African affairs again trying to cause even more confusion than what there already is.

Ever since Dr. Keita gave his stamp of approval over this-- there has been a steady influx of Africans from those regions whom classify themselves as different from blacks and other Africans.

The whites in turn are USING this to their own advantage by now calling these Africans whom are made to be distanced from the rest of Africa in the upper eastern regions of Africa "Hamites"-- saying that they in actuality are "Black Caucasisans" along with Egypt, thus gaining them the upper hand when it comes to claiming Egypt as a civilization that had nothing to do with "true" or "full-blooded Negroes". But the more Caucasoid strains of them.

Sounds like an attempt of trying to distance Africans by tribal lines to me.

Any further thoughts?

6. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    I just reread your response thanks..

7. achilles007

Ratings:
    +1
    huh?

8. achilles007

Ratings:
    +1
    BTW-- sista Lionness I just got through listening to that youtube clip you just posted. such an excellent and VERY timely video for this thread.

excellent post!

9. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812
    We aren't left empty-handed with anything. Again, this is part of the movement to perpetuate the interests of our enemies. It isn't anything new--it's just being pushed because of the times. The end of white/light 'supremacy' is nearing its end, and all of a sudden, there is this wealth of confusion about who's black and who's not?? All of a sudden, there's no such thing as race?? :10500: Please. Notice that no one else's identity is being questioned---just that of Black people. I agree with Kola Boof. There are lighter Blacks, but all those considered light aren't---some are the actual mixed types. We needn't embrace or accept their data, and we need to question the loyalties of those who do. If you didn't read 'Destruction of Black Civilization', please do, as Dr. Chancellor Williams would disagree.

10. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ivan van sertima defunct