Omowale Jabali : BLACKNESS Is a State of Mind

Isaiah said:
You know, my beautiful sister, you're showing your insecurity with these labels... I wonder if you know how "transparent" YOU are with your NEED to classify and label people... I bet you everything I own that YOU have had more real relationships with WHITES than I have - betcha!(smile!)

Because, beloved, if you have had even one relationship with Whites, then you've had 1 more than i've had, and I'm pretty damned proud of my record... Yes, I've worked around Whites... Was even taught a great deal about my field by white catx, but I have never had a white person in my home for dinner, and I aint never went to lunch with one, or been to their homes, because they wouldn't have a brother like me so close to their daughters...(smile!)

I bet that shocks you that a brother who is so "raceless" as you termed me, and others who don't share your outlook, have been associated with "Black Nationlist Hate Groups", as J. Edgar called the Nation Of Islam and US, as well as Black Cultural Organizations like Afrikan Poetry Theater in Jamaica, New York??? Well, I have, and I still don't believe in RACE...

So I am "raceless", as you termed me... What does that mean, sisterwoman, you still got your pump 'em up Nikes, or high-top black Reebok cross-trainers??? What do they have to do with your Africaness???

Again, Stevie Wonder said, If you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer... Suffer ON, sister... It's your choice...

Peace!
Isaiah

I have not laineth with the enemy(ies). I telleth not a lie. (Besides, according to you, I wouldn't be able to see 'em anyway!!! LOL!!...smh...just TOO cute.)

omowalejabali said:
For those who ascribe to the archaic concept of "race" go ahead and emulate the thinking of the "white man". If I shall be the only one standing who believes as my comrades in the Black Consciousness Movement of AZANIA taught me in the struggle against apartheid, Steven Biko frequently taught that "BLACKNESS Is a State of Mind". Just because your skin is "Black" does not make you are "Brother" or "Sister" if you are not working towards the LIBERATION and UNIFICATION of "Black" people.

later...

"It is through the effort to recapture the self and to scrutinize the self, it is through the lasting tension of their freedom that men will be able to create the ideal conditions of existence for a human world."

--Frantz Fanon...

Precisely how are we going to unify and liberate people we can't identify??

Precisely why is it then when some of us identify a person's behavior as "clearly" detrimental to Black progress, others of us say we are being anti-diverse or anti-Black. HOWEVA, those same individuals can bring themselves to proclaim that...."Just because your skin is "Black" does not make you a "Brother" or "Sister" if you are not working towards the "LIBERATION" and "UNIFICATION" of "Black" people..." Hmmm....I wonder, in light of such "wisdom", who gets to decide what exactly comprises "working towards...."???

Isaiah said:
HeHe, brother, I dig ya new signatureLOL!

Peace!
Isaiah

lol!

"In Africa, the internal enemy--the reactionary bourgeoisie-- must be exposed as exploiters and parasites, and as collaborators with imperialists and neocolonialists on whom they largely depend for the maintenance of their positions of power and priviledge."

---Dr. Kwame Nkrumah...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back