Omowale Jabali : BLACKNESS Is a State of Mind

omowalejabali said:
"The enemy of 'blacks' are those who continue to dictate what others should think or feel about themselves."

PRECISELY!

How are things going, Omo?

I remember a couple of discussions we had about entreprenurial ventures you were doing to build the black community. How are those things going?

I think that we would all do well not to stoop to immaturity and close-minded-ness. Recall, unless you know better, that you are in this realm because you do not. So I think we could all stand some perspective here.
I'm not certain I grasp the point of argument. As far as Race being nonexistent, that doesn't even begin to make sense. Although, I can certainly agree that it is more than just the color of one's skin. The original people of this world were Nubuns, plain and relatively simple. Our people, the original people of the Sun, have always been. We only began calling ourselves Black when we wanted to unite and differentiate ourselves from those who called themselves "white." But they have more colors than we do (green, bluish, red, pale). And we are certainly no longer Black, although the original Olmecs were called "the rubber people" based on the rich color of their skin.
A true 9 ether being resembles 6 Ether being in that he is a humanoid, and very little else. I don't care if the cracka grew up next door to me and his ancestors did for the last 20 years. He would still not be Black. No matter how "culturally related" he was.
So, Brother O, just for the sake of clarification, could you please elaborate on your point? Is it that every brotha aint a brotha cuz he's "Black," or are you saying that race is a product of one's culture AND NOTHING MORE?

THE WISDOM OF STEVEN BANTU BIKO

Sefirot said:
I think that we would all do well not to stoop to immaturity and close-minded-ness. Recall, unless you know better, that you are in this realm because you do not. So I think we could all stand some perspective here.
I'm not certain I grasp the point of argument. As far as Race being nonexistent, that doesn't even begin to make sense. Although, I can certainly agree that it is more than just the color of one's skin. The original people of this world were Nubuns, plain and relatively simple. Our people, the original people of the Sun, have always been. We only began calling ourselves Black when we wanted to unite and differentiate ourselves from those who called themselves "white." But they have more colors than we do (green, bluish, red, pale). And we are certainly no longer Black, although the original Olmecs were called "the rubber people" based on the rich color of their skin.
A true 9 ether being resembles 6 Ether being in that he is a humanoid, and very little else. I don't care if the cracka grew up next door to me and his ancestors did for the last 20 years. He would still not be Black. No matter how "culturally related" he was.
So, Brother O, just for the sake of clarification, could you please elaborate on your point? Is it that every brotha aint a brotha cuz he's "Black," or are you saying that race is a product of one's culture AND NOTHING MORE?

"BEING black is not a matter of pigmentation--being black is a reflection of a mental attitude."

"From the above observations therefore, we can see that the term black is not necessarily all-inclusive,i.e. the fact that we are all not white does not necessarily mean that we are all black."

omowalejabaliBy the way neither you ar any single individual is in a position to define "Blackness" for the rest of us....[/QUOTE said:
Yes, there is a lot of this going on among us... We need to relax, and allow others to define themselves... We do a lot of defining of what others should think about their Blackness or their Africaness... The AfroLatinos are oft the victims of African Americans ponitifcating to them, and foisting upon them, what WE believe... In the past, I have vehemently denied this to them... Now I see it's face in full clarity when it's directed at myself...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back