Omowale Jabali : BLACKNESS Is a State of Mind

The enemy of 'blacks' are those who continue to dictate what others should think or feel about themselves.

Here are some concepts from a so-called 'black' man.

"Some human varieties are explained by variations in extra-terrestrial descent: Morbidly obese people, for instance, may be descended from the grotesque and elephant-nosed Deros (see also: Richard Sharpe Shaver); people with Down’s Syndrome may be descended from the 48-chromosomed Teros. (Some Teros live underground on Earth today, and some resemble humans so much that they can come to the surface and mingle with us without being noticed.)[12]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuwaubians

When one is saying a person is a monster, (by the way, there are blacks I know with Down's Syndrome for those who think 'being retarded' is a white thing), it should not be surprising if that person acts in monstrous ways.

Maybe blacks in Africa and now need to stop trying to find physical reasons to support another 'black' person's notions. But I'm sure someone will come back with how someone else isn't black enough, and/or if your own are getting on your nerves some reverse Pollyanic BS about 'being yourself.'

panafrica said:
Since those who don't believe in race are not able to escape from using the same racial classifications and categories as everyone else;

Blacks are a people, descended from the continent of Africa (Alkebulan). Our skin is not a coincidence, nor is it unimportant; rather it is an identifier of who is the true sons and daughters of Africa.

Since these entrenched "racial classifications and racial categories" of Black and white were created and implemented by white supremacists are fake, I agree with you that WE do need a NEW way, originated by us, to define ourselves.

So for lack of a better term, I define "WE" as those people who engage in the struggle against white supremacy. WE cannot be identified by our complexions or our hair texture.

However, to say "Blacks are a people, descended from the continent of Africa"
adds greatly to the confusion for a number of reasons, but I'll mention a few.

(1)ALL people on earth descended from Africa, according to scientists.

(2)Some of the self-identified so-called "Black" people who descended from "Black" parents don't have melanin visible to the naked eye in their skin. They have a "white" complexion.

Remember there are only a few genes that give us our darker complexion, according to geneticists.

(3)Many so-called American "whites" who are living their lives as "whites" have double-digit percentages of what is known as "Black" or "African" blood according to recent innovations in DNA testing.

So the question remains: how does one define a "Black" person?

omowalejabali said:
"BLACK" is a CULTURAL term, not necessarily a "racial classification"

Blacks are far beyond a culture. Which anyone who truly understands the cultural diversity of Africans would be aware of.

omowalejabali said:
Most BLACKS are descendaed from Akrica, but not ALL Blacks. Black descended form Asia, hence the term "Asiatic Black Man". Black are indigenous to the "americas". Blacks descended from the Indus alley. Blacks descended from the Pacific Islands. Blacks descended from Papau New Guinea. And there are Blacks who "descended" from "Africa" who believe their ancestors descended from "The Heavens".

By the way neither you ar any single individual is in a position to define "Blackness" for the rest of us....

All blacks not born in Africa are still descended from Africa. Indeed they are a part of the African Diaspora.

omowalejabali said:
lol!....here we go again....this is EXACTLY what I have a problem with.....who are YOU to determine WHO is an "enemy" of "Black people"....what qualifies YOU outside of the fact that you are a "moderator" on an internet site that CLAIMS to be about loving, encouraging, embracing, teaching and BUILDING but continually divides the very same community along "COLOR LINES"...

WOW! "teach" on...!

Here goes the "moderator" song and dance which you always use when you can't refute what is being said. "History" has shown who is the enemy of black people, and that includes those "blacks" who willingly aid in our destruction. That being said I'm still waiting for a "logical" explaination for why people who do not believe in race continue to use racial classifications. The inability to come up with another classification for people beyond what has already (historically) been established contradicts everything you claim to believe in.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back