Omowale Jabali : BLACKNESS Is a State of Mind

OmowaleX said:
There is a difference between recognizing that "race" is a social factor that exists and "ascribing to the notion of race". I not not have to believe in a concept to know that it exists. Just as Steve Biko states that all "blacks" are Oin-whites, but not all non-whites are "blacks". Again, If I do so incorrectly, I define "Blacks" in the context of CULTURE not RACE or "genetic phenotype".

Which means that as far as I am concerned, what is important to be is SHARED IDEOLOGY...rather than SHARED SKIN COLOR.
So the bottom line is you define race differently than Biko, yet you're claiming your ideology is similar to his.

If you define race as only shared ideology, than a blonde haired blue eyed pale skinned hook nosed dude who shares the same ideology as a black man could be considered black.

Please show me where that is supported in Biko's thinking.

OmowaleX said:
IF Dr. Nkrumah identifies "the enemy" as the "African bourgeoisie" why should I then deny his description in favor of the African bourgeoisie who defines the enemy as "the white man". Why focus on the external (white man-enemy) instead of the internal (african bourgeoisie)...
We need to focus on them both, but the internal enemy is the MOST dangerous, since they are cloaked,and move among us creating disruption and confusion, and subterfuge. IMO they deserve an even more exact justice.

I'm interested to know how you're classifying this "African Bourgeoisie."

Who does that entail?

kemetkind said:
I'll cut it short and say that if you believe the white man, racism, or white supremacy has been defeated, your ability to create your own virtual world exceeds ANYONE's abillty to smack you back into reality.

Do you honestly believe white people don't have control in your life? Brother O you said you made 450K last year.

You think if the white man decided to confiscate your assets and call you a terrorist based on your posts on Destee.com and send you to guantanmo that you could do anything about it?

It is your position that since your mind is liberated, and tells you race doesn't exist, that you'd be just as happy sitting in that guantanamo prison getting poked by punk rednecks?

Woo wee man, I'm trying to stay true to my avatar but ya'll making it hard on a brother.

Woa you need to slow up fa real now.

How in the world can those who embrace their blackness be characterized as spiritually defeated, giving their lives to SATAN, and those up in here talking about race is irrelevant are PRO-ACTIVE?

Proactively doing what, attacking blackness at every available opportunity?

So GOD allowed these differences among us, but really wants us to be one human race, and it's SATAN who thrives when we embrace our blackness?

Whoo wee man, I might have misjudged you completely.

Here we go again.

I NEVER said that RACE "does not exist". And I will no longer respond to your "baiting".

I think you are the one that really needs to slow down. For one, you are the one who first responded to me on these issues. So, I suggest you be the one to "step off".

Here I am speaking about "Black Consciousness" from a HISTORIC perspective and you accuse me of '"attacking blackness at every available opportunity"...?

lol!

tell me sir, what is YOUR "ideological framework" from which YOU define "Blackness"???

What reference sources do you suggest that I read to get a similar understanding of "Blackness" in the context of the African Revolutionary Struggle against neo-colonialism and capitalist imperialism??

kemetkind said:
So the bottom line is you define race differently than Biko, yet you're claiming your ideology is similar to his.

If you define race as only shared ideology, than a blonde haired blue eyed pale skinned hook nosed dude who shares the same ideology as a black man could be considered black.

Please show me where that is supported in Biko's thinking.

We need to focus on them both, but the internal enemy is the MOST dangerous, since they are cloaked,and move among us creating disruption and confusion, and subterfuge. IMO they deserve an even more exact justice.

I'm interested to know how you're classifying this "African Bourgeoisie."

Who does that entail?

Where did I state that I "define race differently than Biko"??

have you even READ the programme of the BCM or Azapo.??

"Who does that entail"

Read Nkrumah''s "Class Struggle in Africa"..

Bisabee said:
Brother, something about me irks you. That's coming through. Why stress yourself by responding to my posts--because it's really not worth it. I'm not your enemy.

If you're happy and proud being what you are, then just be happy and proud, but you don't sound happy and proud, whereas I'm happy and proud of what I am and I'm at peace tonight. I'll never believe in "race," so what's the point of continuing to go back and forth on this? It really takes too much time answering each and every point. Let's just agree to disagree.

In the struggle against white supremacy, there are different people and groups and organizations, etc. fighting it. If you're fighting in a separate group from me, that's fine because I'll just be happy that you're fighting, just as I fight everyday.

Amen!

lol!
:peace:

Bisabee said:
Brother, something about me irks you. That's coming through. Why stress yourself by responding to my posts--because it's really not worth it. I'm not your enemy.
LOL. Why would you irk me? The position you're advancing is something I don't agree with so I'm refuting it. You can no more irk me than a white person saying the same things.

I'm not stressed, I'm enjoying a day off from a hectic schedule. I'm responding to posts in this thread because I think they ARE worth responding to.

If you recall Bisabee you elected to engage me on this topic, so if you don't have the stamina then call a spade a spade.

Bisabee said:
If you're happy and proud being what you are, then just be happy and proud, but you don't sound happy and proud, whereas I'm happy and proud of what I am and I'm at peace tonight. I'll never believe in "race," so what's the point of continuing to go back and forth on this? It really takes too much time answering each and every point. Let's just agree to disagree.
If you don't think I sound happy and proud to be black, you're the first person I've encountered who hasn't. That's on you, not me.

I really don't care if you, personally, believe in race or not.

My point in this thread is to provide a refutation of the argument that race doesn't exist, and clarify how one can recognize it as a social construct but also recognize it is palpable. IMO it's foolish to walk around "pretending" race doesn't exist, I tend to think those that do are dispoportionately represented on this board as most people suffer no such delusions.

bisabee said:
In the struggle against white supremacy, there are different people and groups and organizations, etc. fighting it. If you're fighting in a separate group from me, that's fine because I'll just be happy that you're fighting, just as I fight everyday.
If race doesn't exist, I don't know what the heck is "white" supremacy?

What and who are you fighting?

Your positions are almost too contradictory for me to refute because half the time you're refuting yourself.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back