Law Forum : blackman never guilty of a crime?

mrron - I'm not calling anyone racist here. nor do I have racism "on the brain". I do think, however, that your veiw that all is hunky dory in la-la land, and that the world is the Black man's oyster to do with as he pleases, is wrong. Just because the average white man isnt personally harming you, doesnt mean the systems in place no longer support his over our own. To assume this law enforcement system applies equally to all - is incorrect. impossible! To say that it's up to Blacks to get with the programme and stop blaming whites - I can agree to some extent - but it doesnt make them blameless.

I would want Blacks to be policed by Blacks - sure - but not while wearing the uniform and believing in the system of the initial oppressor.

mrron

mrron said:
Zacharias, where did you hear that? What box are referring to? Apparently you know very little about Law Enforcement officers. We are not required to be a member of any team or adhere to any rules other than those that are necessary for us to perform our jobs. We vote for any political candidate we chose, we can also challenge administrative policies. We have total freedom, but we must enforce the laws that the "public" pays us to enforce. I don't agree with every law on the books, but I don't deal with the black public per se, so I rarely even get involved with black criminals. Usually, when I encounter a black suspect, it's because there is an outstanding warrant for his or her arrest. That decision has already been made by a judge, nothing else I can do, but detain him.

There are also instances wherein a young black person is caught smuggling drugs into the country on a commercial airliner. This can be a male or female. In many such situations, these are college kids, not hardened criminals. I can usually release them to their parents with just a warning and/or maybe a fine. Most of the officers I work closely with are over the age of fourty, they have more understanding and compassion than the younger one's, who just want another case. Is race a factor, let's put it this way, I am always called in when the subjects are young black people, and I can do as I wish with them. I don't get called when they are white, unless I am directly involved in the apprehension. Do white kids get the slap on the wrist that I give the black kids? Hell No!

James, we both came up hard, and I made the same decision you did, that is, to take responsibility for myself. There are still many young black men out there who are taking responsibility, otherwise we'd have a problem ten times worst than what it is.

You Know What code I'm Talking About . It call having each other back . You Can Talk All That TricKnowledge You Want . Your Not Fooling No One Here .

Zulile

Zulile said:
mrron - you live in white suburbia - you "police" white areas: did you consider you're just excluded from this 'unspoken' code of conduct that law enforcement abides by? Certainly you are not denying it's existance?

Interesting that they calll you when Black perps come in.. it only reinforces my view of some serious racial issues Blacks have with law enforcement - and they role they play in the "criminal" devlopment of Black communities.

You make a good point ... Let him brake the code he trying to up hold , And See IF Color Doesn't matter .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back