Black People Politics : Blackkklansmen

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
i have no interest in stories about the klan, white or black.
Movie based on a true story was more than about the Klan. True, it will strike hard on your emotions as a Black person but I believe it's worth seeing.

To me, Spike Lee films are more about us, Black people. This one is no different. The film is about Black people as seen through the eyes of Black people, past and present, right up to the 2016 presidential election, and including Charlottesville. The younger generation will see a diverging perspective on how to deal with aggressive hatred that's been around for a very long time. It took me down memory lane in many ways because it is rich in reflecting Black culture. Again, I think it's worth seeing and it's definitely worth the conversations it sparks. I'm going to recommend that the Black student alliance on my college campus sponsor the film and host a discussion afterward. Who knows, they may learn something from their predecessors who are featured in the film and be driven to be more active, starting at a PWI campus where the struggle is always real.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Hoover musta died by the time that gig went down else it being local popo or not it would have been shut down.

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
A Spike Lee Joint Film: Who has seen this movie and what did you think? Let's have a conversation.

It was pretty interesting to me. I had heard about the story but never actually looked into it in detail. The biggest thing I got out of it was the struggle for a Black man having to make a career in a white world and alienating himself from other Black people in order to do so. I wondered if the main guy was a sellout and changed or was he just trying to make name for himself anyway he could? My mom said it brought back some memories for her.

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: