Black People : Blackamoor Moor and Me

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by larry, Jan 26, 2011.

1. larry

larry Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm not necessarily posing this question to just just these 2 forum members (Keita Kenyatta and Jamesfrmphilly), it's just that I read a melanin post yesterday and these two people resonated with me.

What I'm asking is fairly simple, am I a Moor by "name" / nationality / because of pigment or are none of these valid? I plan to dig deeper into this, as this is basically one or two days of new information I've just come in contact with.

Any info pro or con to what a Moor is, whether I actually am a Moor (especially since in my family tree I have purely Caucasian ancestors from Ireland roughly 5 to 7 generations back on one side), would be greatly appreciated as I travel down some of these paths to gather some clarity on what exactly it is that I am.

Thanks,

Larry

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    No more a Moor then Oprah Winfrey is a Zulu

Check the "tags" function on the homepage at he bottom and enter Moor

there is a welth of information here in the achives that will help,
    but basicly Moors pertain to those of North Africa

check out Dr Ivan Van Sertima's book on the subject, he goes into great detail

Noble Drew Ali had certain myths and what not prtiaing to us, as Moors,
    as the Honorable Elijah Muhammed called us the Asiatic Black man

however myths are not fantasies or fairy tales but important points of "symbolic" language that point to things of great metaphysical relevance, not dscernable to

every day consciousness

When you see those guys in the "Moorish Shrine" with red fez,
    or those that call themselves Moors

the real ones and older ones have some great jewels of wisdom,
    that are beneficial to the community and personaly as well

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    u look like this guy?

[​IMG]
    the moorish chief

4. Tha 144000

Tha 144000 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    thats my granddad
    just playin

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    From Dr Ivan Van Sertima;
    "The Golden Age of the Moors"
    ISBN 156000815
    copyright June 1996

Here are some excerpts of one of his lectures on the subject

In regards to Noble Drew Ali
    www.themoorishshrinetempleofamerica.net

6. larry

Ratings:
    +38
    Jamesfrmphilly

Basically I do, just a shade lighter than that picture. A lot of my family members are exactly that shade and look exactly like him.

So short answer yes I do look like that Moorish chief. If I could ask for you to go further in depth I would appreciate that.

About searching the tags, I didn't get a lot of hits searching the Moor / Moors / Moorish, plus a lot of things I'm used to doing on other forums require me to donate to become a benefit member. I can't search certain members posts or threads for example. I'll think about donating though. One of your vids isn't working, Ankhur. Also, just so I'm clear, it seems like you're saying the Moors are incorrect in their beliefs, but then you said the older ones have pearls of wisdom. Just need to get straight on exactly what your saying. No challenge by the way.

And about "north Africa" according to some of the short teachings I've heard the maps and territories we see and know presently are inquisiton based maps, where the actual "Africa" spans much farther than what we know. Also that We've been in north "America" before being "traded." I heard some of them were POWs that were sent over to the north American region. Also, it was said how could Europeans have the know how to take masses of large "African" natives, put them on boats for long shipping, but yet at the time they had limited resources and limited understanding. Not my words at all, heard this from either Taj Tarik Bey, Sabir Bey, or Aseer I can't remember which one exactly.

But thanks for the info, gonna look into it.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Larry ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

You joined us just in time! We just added a new search feature, and you can do a search on "Moors" ... notice the search box at the top of the page.

You'll find quite a few threads / discussions surrounding Moors.

We'd surely appreciate you Becoming a Premium Member, for it helps us stay alive, but it has never been required for participation.

Hope you find all the information you're seeking, and please make yourself at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I dont mind a challenge
    we's mens and that is how we build to a level of understading not just for us but for those reading the posts

Like Malcolcm said ;
    Make it Plain!

1 North Africa as on a 21 century map and all the antons there nothing more nothing less

2 You know right from wrong about the middle passage since your teens
    as stated , when these guys give you some knowledge consume it like a bannana, eat the fruit but try to eat the skin and you know what will happen

they have some mythology and as stated , mythology is symbolic language so if you ask the righ questions pertaining to metaphysical matters and they trust you enough they will drop some jewels on you.

I or no one else can decipher those jewels or the symbols,
    like Morpheus said you must do that yourself,
    since such wisdom as personal messages for each person and it would be disengenuous
    to interfere with your "journey"

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    my surname begins with MOR.....

then you are probably good.
    there are some anthropology oriented folks around here.
    they could help you more than me.

10. larry

Ratings:
    +38
    Just trying to get all the way clear with what you're saying, as it's difficult sometimes to understand meaning by just words alone.

Ok, myths aren't fantasies right, I will go with that. Is what you're saying is that the Moors and the information they hold to is "not" based on any facts? As in melanated people are not Moors. Bare with me Ankhur it's hard to type text without coming off as combative, and I'm trying to stress I'm not coming from that place, I literally have a hard time understanding things.

This part was very hard to understand where you're coming from or better what you're actually saying. Are you saying there are "Moors" who have no clue what they're talking about (granted there are people in all groups who have mixed up agendas) or members or sects of Moors known to be misleading? Would really like for you to clear those points up for me.

I get a great feeling from this forum and this website as a whole (odd how a person can get a feeling from a URL [that was a joke though true]) It's good to exchange information with people who are quick to listen and slow to talk, this I appreciate.

1 problem I have with point 1) 21st Century North Africa. The issue I have is if Moors did not / do not actually originate from that region of the earth how could that be what they actually are? I'm trying to think of an analogy -- how about I say I'm born in Ohio then 200 years later "Ohio" is located on the maps where Turkey is now. Am I really from Ohio or Turkey for the people who just now received the information (coarse analogy but best I could do).

Ok, I need help on what the "middle passage" is exactly. I have no idea what you meant there is all. As with the fruit analogy, could I say eat a pineapple and try to eat the pineapple skin I'm going to have a bad time with that?

This one is really hard to get for me. I have to roll with you on the mythology not being fantasy thing so I can see where you're coming from. If I follow you, you're saying myths have info that can be applied to me / community / etc . . . moving through different aspects of my "spiritual" (I don't like that word since it means breath to me mostly in a Greek context) / mental / life growth? Just trying to get a grasp on what you mean exactly by metaphysical since it's such a broad term. Just check out wiki on that word and it's opening paragraphs are HIGHLY complicated, mainly dealing with being / fundamental aspects of things if you will.

If I stay in a group long enough and they see me to be on the level they'll let go of some of the pertinent info they have? Without exchanging paper money or assets of some type for it besides my time and respect for the group / individuals.
    Jewels being the meaning behind the myths, symbols being the myths, right?

Yes I agree with you somewhat, that I have to take the journey, But for me you can let go of any information and I'll take it in and apply it to my journey, I'm 80% positive it won't stop me from going on said journey. Just stating where I believe myself to come from.

I know I asked a lot of questions, I don't really expect you to answer them all, but I'd say some simple yes and no's will help as much as long in depth answers. And as I stated no disrespect to you at all or challenges. I simply need understanding. And thank you, I appreciate your help.