Black People : Blackamoor Moor and Me

larry

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
I'm not necessarily posing this question to just just these 2 forum members (Keita Kenyatta and Jamesfrmphilly), it's just that I read a melanin post yesterday and these two people resonated with me.

What I'm asking is fairly simple, am I a Moor by "name" / nationality / because of pigment or are none of these valid? I plan to dig deeper into this, as this is basically one or two days of new information I've just come in contact with.

Any info pro or con to what a Moor is, whether I actually am a Moor (especially since in my family tree I have purely Caucasian ancestors from Ireland roughly 5 to 7 generations back on one side), would be greatly appreciated as I travel down some of these paths to gather some clarity on what exactly it is that I am.

Thanks,

Larry

I'm not necessarily posing this question to just just these 2 forum members (Keita Kenyatta and Jamesfrmphilly), it's just that I read a melanin post yesterday and these two people resonated with me.

What I'm asking is fairly simple, am I a Moor by "name" / nationality / because of pigment or are none of these valid? I plan to dig deeper into this, as this is basically one or two days of new information I've just come in contact with.

Any info pro or con to what a Moor is, whether I actually am a Moor (especially since in my family tree I have purely Caucasian ancestors from Ireland roughly 5 to 7 generations back on one side), would be greatly appreciated as I travel down some of these paths to gather some clarity on what exactly it is that I am.

Thanks,

Larry
No more a Moor then Oprah Winfrey is a Zulu

Check the "tags" function on the homepage at he bottom and enter Moor

there is a welth of information here in the achives that will help,
but basicly Moors pertain to those of North Africa

check out Dr Ivan Van Sertima's book on the subject, he goes into great detail

Noble Drew Ali had certain myths and what not prtiaing to us, as Moors,
as the Honorable Elijah Muhammed called us the Asiatic Black man

however myths are not fantasies or fairy tales but important points of "symbolic" language that point to things of great metaphysical relevance, not dscernable to

every day consciousness

When you see those guys in the "Moorish Shrine" with red fez,
or those that call themselves Moors

the real ones and older ones have some great jewels of wisdom,
that are beneficial to the community and personaly as well

u look like this guy?

25443_The_Moorish_Chief_f.jpg

the moorish chief

No more a Moor then Oprah Winfrey is a Zulu

Check the "tags" function on the homepage at he bottom and enter Moor

there is a welth of information here in the achives that will help,
but basicly Moors pertain to those of North Africa

check out Dr Ivan Van Sertima's book on the subject, he goes into great detail

Noble Drew Ali had certain myths and what not prtiaing to us, as Moors,
as the Honorable Elijah Muhammed called us the Asiatic Black man

however myths are not fantasies or fairy tales but important points of "symbolic" language that point to things of great metaphysical relevance, not dscernable to

every day consciousness

When you see those guys in the "Moorish Shrine" with red fez,
or those that call themselves Moors

the real ones and older ones have some great jewels of wisdom,
that are beneficial to the community and personaly as well

From Dr Ivan Van Sertima;
"The Golden Age of the Moors"
ISBN 156000815
copyright June 1996

Here are some excerpts of one of his lectures on the subject

In regards to Noble Drew Ali
www.themoorishshrinetempleofamerica.net

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back