Black Education / Schools : Black Yale Student Turned Away From Frat Party, Told ‘White Girls Only’

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
Yale sophomore Neema Githere says she was denied entry to a Sigma Alpha Epsilon party because a frat member said they were “looking for white girls” only.

"A group of girls came up who were predominantly black and Hispanic," Petros-Gouin
told the Washington Post. "He held his hand up to their faces and said, 'No, we're only looking for white girls.' … He pulled a blond girl up from the bottom of the stairs—over some people—pushed her inside and said, 'We are looking for white girls only, white girls only.' No brothers corrected him or said anything."

Read more

http://www.theroot.com/articles/new...d_for_white_girls_only.html?wpisrc=topstories

Yale sophomore Neema Githere says she was denied entry to a Sigma Alpha Epsilon party because a frat member said they were “looking for white girls” only.

"A group of girls came up who were predominantly black and Hispanic," Petros-Gouin
told the Washington Post. "He held his hand up to their faces and said, 'No, we're only looking for white girls.' … He pulled a blond girl up from the bottom of the stairs—over some people—pushed her inside and said, 'We are looking for white girls only, white girls only.' No brothers corrected him or said anything."

Read more

http://www.theroot.com/articles/new...d_for_white_girls_only.html?wpisrc=topstories

What are you emphasizing by coloring the last statement in red?

Ahh, I understand now. I could not bring up the site at first, seems I'm having a lot of packet loss.

I see our ignorant brothers are members of a fraternity known for being racist in other chapters. Self-hatred is a hell of a mental condition, that crosses all social-economic backgrounds within our community.

and our ignorant sisters want to party there......

So true, but I give the young ladies in this instance the benefit of the doubt. I know a lot of college students only look at the news for the weather forecast. Seeing males of color in that fraternity could easily give the uninformed wrong impressions about what the organization is about.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back