Black People : black writer for TV......

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Oct 15, 2014.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    [​IMG]

While it’s true the television screenwriting world remains disproportionately white — whites make up a staggering 83.7% of the Writers Guild of America’s 2013 TV staffing brief — there are other noteworthy black writers contributing to the small screen.

Jameel Saleem, writer for another ABC series, the rambunctious new comedy Manhattan Love Story, is one of those emerging talents. At 33, Saleem has multiple short films under his belt, two feature length independent films, and an acting resume.

http://thegrio.com/2014/10/14/jameel-saleem-abc-manhattan-love-story/

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    [​IMG]

Jimmy Fallon hires Amber Ruffin, the first black female writer ever for a late-night talk show

Amber Ruffin, an alumna of Second City in Chicago, will be joining Late Night With Jimmy Fallon as a staff writer—and with that will win the title of the first black woman, and the first woman of color, to write on staff for a late-night network talk show, the New York Observer reports.
    http://countusin.wordpress.com/2014...emale-writer-ever-for-a-late-night-talk-show/

He also has a brutha that write for him also, (I don't know his name) I first saw him do his stand-up act of Def comedy Jam back when Martin was hosting.

Peace!

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    we got to write and produce and distribute our own......

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I agree, that is the only way our stories are going to get told from a true perspective. I sure that when white writers for characters, they do it with a white mindset. We need to have black writers write for black characters. That way, we will get more roles in film and TV. That is why the film Noah had no blacks in it PERIOD!...not even as extras.

Peace!