Black Positive People : Black worker awarded $25 million in racial lawsuit

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Very happy for this brother, just hope he has a plan not to spend the money and give it back to the system. Hope this brother has a wealth consciousness about his business to shop with his people; quasi... Ebony Experiment/Experience:
http://www.austinweeklynews.com/Main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=2096

Black worker awarded $25 million in racial lawsuit

A black steelworker has been awarded $25 million in damages after a federal jury ruled his former company didn't do enough to stop years of racial slurs and taunting by his co-workers.

According to the Buffalo News,
Elijah Turley testified during the trial that colleagues at the Buffalo-area plant called him "boy" and left a stuffed monkey with a noose around its neck on his car's driver's side mirror. He also recalled seeing "KKK" and "King Kong" scrawled on the factory's walls.

[Related: Ga. denies KKK application to adopt highway]
"It's absolutely shocking that a case like this is in court in 2012," Ryan J. Mills, Turley's lawyer, said in closing arguments. "It should be viewed as atrocious and intolerable in a civilized society."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/black-worker-awarded-25m-racial-lawsuit-154512953.html

Peace In,

I, too, pray this brother is a good shepherd of his money, Bro. Clyde.

Sad that he endured such treatment but glad he got some restitution.

....but who can put a price on one's dignity, any way?

... Yes Ma'am sister cherryblossom, you sho right. This reminds of Isaiah 60: 5, WoW!

Peace In,

Comment from khari
  • cbc6010616429dea86c184eea851bc34_48.jpg
    Khari Chicago, Illinois 3 hrs ago
    i'm pretty sure that the people complaining about the sum of money awarded are white and are used to the benefits attributed to white privilege...but let me tell you...even if he gets that 25 million, he will never forget that monkey with a noose around it's neck draped to his car. it's something white people will never understand as it relates to black people and vice versa....go ahead and give me the thumbs down now for telling the truth....
    Collapse Replies
    • transparent.png
      Leo Jacksonville, Florida 3 hrs ago Report Abuse
      I'm not White, and don't buy into your 'victimization', sorry.
    • transparent.png
      Johnathan Chicago, Illinois 3 hrs ago Report Abuse
      You are right. Whites did not go through centuries of oppression and feel that since we use the N word towards each other that they should be able to use it against us. Difference is when a white person calls a black person the N word, they mean it in the most disrespectful way imaginable.
    • transparent.png
      And how do you know what they mean? Surely not all feel the same. I have met White people who actually think they ARE Black. So when they say it, is it the same? Kind of like you calling them Cracker or Honkey, right? where I am from you would be called a delictivo or a moulinyan, which one is... More
    • transparent.png
      what are you leo? cause on the internet people can pretend to be anything they want to be....
    • transparent.png
      Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 36 mins ago Report Abuse
      I was born in Sierra Leone, but my family was from Italy.
    • transparent.png
      Khari Chicago, Illinois 2 hrs 23 mins ago
      ok...ur not african american...my point stands! 1 degree of separation may not seem a lot at first, but over a great distance it can be quite a difference.
    • transparent.png
      Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 17 mins ago Report Abuse
      Sierra Leone IS African. What part of Africa were you born in?
    • transparent.png
      Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 15 mins ago Report Abuse
      My passport says African/American....because I hold dual citizenship. So maybe African-American is not a race, because it isn't. As far as race goes, I am Mediterranean.
    • transparent.png
      Khari Chicago, Illinois 2 hrs 9 mins ago
      u were not born over here son....u have a different mindset...is that hard for u to understand?
    • transparent.png
      Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 7 mins ago Report Abuse
      I am not your son. What mindset is that? The whole world laughs at this country because of these things. It needs to stop. Being bitter about something from so long ago, no one is a slave now.
    • transparent.png
      Khari Chicago, Illinois 2 hrs 3 mins ago
      lol...u just proved my point...no one is mad...no one is holding slavery over white people's heads...in my original post i made comments about white privilege due to this country's past...obviously u have a personal agenda to promote...take that dumb ish elsewhere...SON!

Comment from khari
  • cbc6010616429dea86c184eea851bc34_48.jpg

Please sign in to rate!
    Please sign in to rate!

i'm pretty sure that the people complaining about the sum of money awarded are white and are used to the benefits attributed to white privilege...but let me tell you...even if he gets that 25 million, he will never forget that monkey with a noose around it's neck draped to his car. it's something white people will never understand as it relates to black people and vice versa....go ahead and give me the thumbs down now for telling the truth....
    Collapse Replies
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

I'm not White, and don't buy into your 'victimization', sorry.
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Johnathan Chicago, Illinois 3 hrs ago Report Abuse
      You are right. Whites did not go through centuries of oppression and feel that since we use the N word towards each other that they should be able to use it against us. Difference is when a white person calls a black person the N word, they mean it in the most disrespectful way imaginable.
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

And how do you know what they mean? Surely not all feel the same. I have met White people who actually think they ARE Black. So when they say it, is it the same? Kind of like you calling them ******* or Honkey, right? where I am from you would be called a delictivo or a moulinyan, which one is... More
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

what are you leo? cause on the internet people can pretend to be anything they want to be....
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 36 mins ago Report Abuse
      I was born in Sierra Leone, but my family was from Italy.
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Khari Chicago, Illinois 2 hrs 23 mins ago
      ok...ur not african american...my point stands! 1 degree of separation may not seem a lot at first, but over a great distance it can be quite a difference.
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 17 mins ago Report Abuse
      Sierra Leone IS African. What part of Africa were you born in?
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 15 mins ago Report Abuse
      My passport says African/American....because I hold dual citizenship. So maybe African-American is not a race, because it isn't. As far as race goes, I am Mediterranean.
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Khari Chicago, Illinois 2 hrs 9 mins ago
      u were not born over here son....u have a different mindset...is that hard for u to understand?
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Leo Jacksonville, Florida 2 hrs 7 mins ago Report Abuse
      I am not your son. What mindset is that? The whole world laughs at this country because of these things. It needs to stop. Being bitter about something from so long ago, no one is a slave now.
    • transparent.png

Thumbs Up
      Thumbs Down

Khari Chicago, Illinois 2 hrs 3 mins ago
      lol...u just proved my point...no one is mad...no one is holding slavery over white people's heads...in my original post i made comments about white privilege due to this country's past...obviously u have a personal agenda to promote...take that dumb ish elsewhere...SON!

... Very interesting dialog, thanks for sharing this:

even if he gets that 25 million, he will never forget that monkey with a noose around it's neck draped to his car.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back