Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women's Hair: 'Dos or Die?

ralphsgal2004 said:
Hi all thanks for the warm welcome.

I agree that acceptance is the path to healthier living. But in order to let go of something we deem valuable, ie straight hair, conformity, we have to have something with which to replace it. What is that "something?"

Sister, are you kidding? What do we replace it with? You ask that question as though you don't have a clue.

The question is not what do we "replace" it with, but rather, that we remove all "replacements" and go with the original. How can any "replacement" be better than what God originally gave us?

ralphsgal2004 said:
I live in California, and although we have a reputation for being "progressive" there is a virulent conservatisim that runs from Eureka to San Diego.

Particularly with corporations. Of course, you can have your own business and dress however you want. However, what I have seen is in corporations, black women who look like Condi get further than those who look like, India.

I strongly believe that hair and fitness are closely related. If you are unwilling to exercise every day, it is hard to control weight. Too many of us are overweight and I definitley think "hair vanity" has much to do with it.

Been there, done that, now sport twists.

Like i said, a connection can be made between any two things, if one is determined to do that.

Long before California became "progressive," Black women were required to be other than themselves in order to obtain the most "bottom of the barrel" jobs in this country. I don't remember where i read it, but during jim crow, Sisters that got domestic jobs, cleaning white folks kitchens and dirty underwear, had to have done "something" to their hair to appear more presentable to white folk. This is nothing new.

:heart:

Destee

ralphsgal2004 said:
I wouldn't mind being a premium member. How does that work?

Thanks for asking Sister. Members who choose to become Premium Members, help to keep this community alive for all of us. It is not required by any. Premium Membership is $10.00 per month or $100 per year. Below are a few additional links you may find helpful.

Benefits of Premium Membership

Become a Premium Member

If you have additional questions, we're all right here to help.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

ralphsgal2004 said:
I live in California, and although we have a reputation for being "progressive" there is a virulent conservatisim that runs from Eureka to San Diego.
letmeseenow. my generation went up against the rednecks and police dogs and cracker sheriffs in order to secure civil rights.
sisters nowadays cannot go up against "virulent conservatism"?
what wimps.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back