Black Women : BLACK WOMEN & WHITE SUPREMACY...

THE GUBBERMENT IS GIVING THEM GRANTS OUTSIDE OF CHEESE TO START BUSINESSES. THEY AREN'T SMARTER BUT THEY ARE BETTER SURVIVORS WILLING TO DO WHATEVER THEY MUST TO SURVIVE AND PROSPER DUE TO HAVING CHILDREN AND RESPONSIBILITIES THAT MEN GENERALLY DON'T HAVE. NECCESITY DICTATES THAT THEY MOVE A CERTAIN WAY AND THINK A CERTAIN WAY. WHERE IS OUR NECCESITY? IT ISN'T THERE.

Keita said:
THE GUBBERMENT IS GIVING THEM GRANTS OUTSIDE OF CHEESE TO START BUSINESSES. THEY AREN'T SMARTER BUT THEY ARE BETTER SURVIVORS WILLING TO DO WHATEVER THEY MUST TO SURVIVE AND PROSPER DUE TO HAVING CHILDREN AND RESPONSIBILITIES THAT MEN GENERALLY DON'T HAVE. NECCESITY DICTATES THAT THEY MOVE A CERTAIN WAY AND THINK A CERTAIN WAY. WHERE IS OUR NECCESITY? IT ISN'T THERE.

Brother Keita,

We have access to most the same grants do we not?

This sense of urgency, this "necessity" that they have, but we don't, isn't this the problem?

How can we NOT have it? Isn't her child our child?

How can she be a better survivor when we've borne the direct frontal attacks of white supremacy and are still standing?

I think we are making too many justifications for her strength and our weakness, searching for ancient context for it, rather than admitting many of us are making CHOICES to survive by leaning on rather than serving as pillars for our women.

We all realize white supremacy is uplifting black women while constraining black men as a means to attack the black family, but what is our response to that move?

I think that women are conditioned directly and indirectly to, if necessary, “stoop to conquer.” Another way of saying this is that “you can get more with a carrot than you can with a stick.” Many Black women at the semi-professional and professional levels have mastered this art. I know many women like this because earlier in my life, I was one of them and still maintain some of those associations.

I know that church and sorority and some of the other hoity-toity Black organizations are bad words here. lol But this is where some Black females get a lot of the training or at the very least, they can sharpen their skills by being members of these organizations. This is because most of the organizations like the sororities and 100 Black Women of this state or that state recruit their members from among college, professional women, and Black women who are business owners, doctors, and so on. Also a large portion of these women belong to one church or the other.

There’s a lot of networking and supporting each other that goes on in these clubs and organizations. Black women learn from each other what tactics and strategies work and which ones don’t. There’s just a lot of valuable information and support that can be picked up by associating with other Black women of this demographic.

Bisabee said:
I think that women are conditioned directly and indirectly to, if necessary, “stoop to conquer.” Another way of saying this is that “you can get more with a carrot than you can with a stick.” Many Black women at the semi-professional and professional levels have mastered this art. I know many women like this because earlier in my life, I was one of them and still maintain some of those associations.

I know that church and sorority and some of the other hoity-toity Black organizations are bad words here. lol But this is where some Black females get a lot of the training or at the very least, they can sharpen their skills by being members of these organizations. This is because most of the organizations like the sororities and 100 Black Women of this state or that state recruit their members from among college, professional women, and Black women who are business owners, doctors, and so on. Also a large portion of these women belong to one church or the other.

There’s a lot of networking and supporting each other that goes on in these clubs and organizations. Black women learn from each other what tactics and strategies work and which ones don’t. There’s just a lot of valuable information and support that can be picked up by associating with other Black women of this demographic.

Sister BisaBee, your post is incredibly enlightening! WOW!

So you are saying that African American women are actually getting the training that enables them to succeed in the corporate world, where African American men are not??? Does that fit into the SORORITITES thread that's gotten so much attention at the board lately???

Now, see, this is what I was looking for - us providing some insight and some solutions to our disparities... It seems that were African men receiving the same kinds of business and homiletics training as sisters, and discarding some of our FALSE pride, we could make some in-roads as sisters, and other groups of MEN have done...

Peace!
Isaiah

kemetkind said:
I dunno, most the brothers who don't work have the same haircuts as brothers who do.

Business is Business. White people love green more than they hate black.

We don't have to "play up" to any boss, black, white or yellow. Kissing butt doesn't work for brothers anyway, for if that's all you bring a white woman or a sister can do that and will look much better doing so since she's doing it in a skirt.

If we bring undeniable value, unquestionable excellence in our skills, then we carve out a seat for ourselves, without compromising our essence, long enough to learn what we need to do our own thing.

If we're mediocre, only as good as the next guy/gal, we got problems.

I agree many VERY talented brothers make a conscious decision not to deal with corporate America or legal enterprise of any kind.

Our problem is not enough have mastered the skills to make this a deliberate choice with a viable alternative rather than a forced one, with no compelling alternative.

Also not enough of those who've carved out seats are getting up from the table to start businesses employing brothers, which is also difficult, since the pool of skilled and willing brothers who'll work for black business is even smaller than those who'll work for white ones.

Solutions?

I dunno, I always come back around to education....

We can't have young brothers graduating high school at <50% so that it becomes "normal" to be a black male dropout, especially when even american college graduates are miles behind global competition.

A massive cultural transformation is needed; it can't continue to be cool to be a grown black man mostly broke and milking 4 or 5 women plus momma as a primary means of income.

When I was coming up I remember any slacking off would bring out a stern-faced pops coming with the "You're going to have to be TWICE as good..." speech. We've lost this cultural urgency and we do so at our own peril given the radical changes coming in the global marketplace.

A new economic model for trade between black folks could also help. Figure out a way to get rid of the dollar and come up with a bartering system.

If black people could live most of their lives comfortably exchanging goods and services with other black people, without ever exchanging a dollar, capitalisms power over us is crippled.

The education and skills requirement is not lessened however, so we have to find a way to educate and discipline our sons for manhood before we do anything.

Brother Kemetkind, as per your usual, great post - and I'm ecstatic that you decided to stick around, brother...(smile!)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back