Black Relationships : black women/white men

panafrica said:
P.S. To my sister VJ57....is there anything black men do that doesn't make you mad? Does our breathing irritate you too? Here is a website that might interest you, it is a "white man's" opinion about American women: http://www.nomarriage.com

I did not check the link; it's NOT necessary, ok?

The only opinion that counts for me is God's opinion of me. Could care less about other's opinions because it's not worth a hill of beans.

Have a good day!

I think that people form opinion (good or bad) regarding certain races depending on their experiences or what others say. Like some women may date white men because their friends say they're more generous or maybe because the white men they have dated were more generous than the black men they have dated. Some may not date white men because people may say white men are not manly enough or that they're too stiff or square. Either way it's nothing but a bunch of opinions. I think if that's how you feel, then go with it. You have to deal with your decisions and no one else. I do think that the more you think you know about people, the more you're just walking blindly. You can't sum up a whole race of men or women, so if you date a partuicular race because they're nicer, generous, smarter, richer or whatever then you're limiting yourself.

Fine if these black women want to date white men that's their perogative. There are still many sisters out there who date black men and love dating black men.

Funny how we always focus on a small group of people and make it seem like it's the overwhelming majority of people in practice. e.g. homosexuals, lesbians, interracial dating people.

I believe that the majority of black people still date other black people. But for the sisters who date white men....go ahead.... do you. It's your burden to bear. Black people are and have always been more socially accepting of other people than whites. If these black women want to date and marry white men then the responsibility falls on them. Perception wise...they're also competing with white women then, for white men. I don't know if white women necessarily appreciate that or even care.

Now what's interesting would be to see what income brackets the white men that these black women date and marry fall into as opposed to the black men that these black women have dated in the past.

From the black women that I've personally known who date and marry white men... the white men they dated were always in a higher income bracket than the black men they've ever dated or were married to.

Interesting thing would be to see if these black women would have successful relationships if they dated a white man that made less than them or a black man that made more than them...

I could not marry or date a white man. The thought of being intimate with one makes my skin crawl. The city I live in has more than enough interracial couples...White men dating black women, black women dating asian men, asian women dating black men, and black men dating everyone. What ever floats your boat - is fine with me.

But I have to agree with NNQueen.

Personally, it's not so much about their looks although I'm not attracted to the pink skin tone. But more importantly for me, it's what they represent to me and what I associate them with. Meaning no offense to anyone here who has no problem with it, but I think it requires a bit of a split personality to separate from that or not to take that into consideration. But that's my personal opinion

I just dont see where I'd have much in common with a white man on any level...be it sports, music, education, family, or traditions. Considering I grew up in all white neighborhoods...I know first hand how annoying it gets trying to explain why blacks say or do things "that way" or why we think "this way".

I remember back when I was 11, a few white kids from school came over to my house and when they walked in they marveled at how nice our home was. They thought my house was going to look like the apartment on GOOD TIMES. They thought my dad was in jail because he worked on the NOAA ships...they assumed his long absences were due to something negative. Their ill thoughts are what drove me to achieve...and vow I'd never cross that line. Once I got old enough to date there was no attraction there anyway.

I love black men and that is all I've ever been attracted to...even if I'm still waiting for the right time to indulge.
:love:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back