Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women SUCCESSFUL IN LAWSUITS FOR HAIR DISCRIMINATION

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Too Urban:’ Black Ex-Banana Republic Employee Sues For $1 Million Over Discrimination
Destiny Tompkins, 19, was suspended for wearing box braids.

n yet another example of hair bias against Black women, a former African-American employee at Banana Republic filed a $1 million lawsuit because of discrimination.

Destiny Tompkins, 19, made the formal complaint in state Supreme Court in New York Monday after she was suspended from a branch store at the Westchester Mall in White Plains over her box braids last month, the New York Daily News reported.

The teen said her ex-manager, who is White, scolded her for wearing the braids that he said were too “urban” and “unkempt.” The manager threatened to take her off the work schedule, she said in a detailed Facebook post, if she didn’t comply with the order.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015

Bye Bye

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Former Hooters Waitress Awarded $250,000 in Racial Discrimination Case

by ELIZABETH CHUCK

A former Hooters waitress has been awarded more than $250,000 after an arbitrator found that racial discrimination contributed to her getting fired.

Farryn Johnson, who is African-American, was fired from her Baltimore restaurant job in August 2013 because "Hooters prohibits African-American Hooters Girls from wearing blond highlights in their hair," according to a lawsuit.

Former Hooters Waitress Awarded $250000 in Racial Discrimination ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-hooters-waitress-awarded-250-000-racial-discrimination-case-n337396 - 383k - Cached - Similar pages

Apr 8, 2015 ... Hooters Must Pay Out to Black Waitress Fired for Her Hair 1:37 ... While other women were allowed to highlight their hair, the restaurant ... with blond streaks because it didn't look "natural" on African-Americans, the suit said.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Hopefully more will follow.

:congrats: To these 2 ladies.:great:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly
Happily Married and doing well❤