Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women Share Their Hair Stories

School accused of targeting black pupils over natural hair, braids
25 July 2017 - 11:24BY KGAUGELO MASWENENG

A woman has accused a school in Gauteng of policing black pupils’ hair after her niece was sent home over her “inappropriate” hairstyle.

Siyabonga Ngwenya said on Facebook that her niece and other girls at Windsor House Academy in Kempton Park were kicked out of class and told “no girl will come back with that hair” on Monday morning.

Ngwenya claimed that the school’s principal‚ Mariette van Heerden‚ has constantly policed black girls’ hair at the school.

1. School accused of targeting black pupils over natural hair, braids
    https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...-of-targeting-black-pupils-over-natural-hair/ - 95k - Cached - Similar pages
    Jul 25, 2017 ... School accused of targeting black pupils over natural hair, braids ... “I'm at a loss and although we've ranted about this‚ black girls' hair is still ... This is infuriating as I don't understand why she is harassing our children like this.

IMG_4039.JPG

How Blackgirl Natural Hair Is Shamed from Infancy to Adulthood

Peas. Buckshots. Beady-bees. Ants. *****-naps. Nappy hair.

Yes, all of those are terms used to describe (read: disdain) the tight tufts that parallel my earlobes and flank the top of my neck. And I am not alone.

1. How Blackgirl Natural Hair Is Shamed from Infancy to Adulthood ...
    http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/08/how-natural-hair-is-shamed/ - 262k - Cached - Similar pages
    Aug 28, 2014 ... How Blackgirl Natural Hair Is Shamed from Infancy to Adulthood ... If we are ambitious and also want to feel beautiful, Black girls believe we ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back