Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women Share Their Hair Stories

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
Black Women Share Their Hair Stories

My Hair Story

I wore a nicely wrapped turban to work. I had coordinated wpmy outfit and the turban was the icing on the cake that was my outfit.
I'm at work doing my job when I receive a tap on the shoulder from a supervisor. This is before lunchtime. She ask me to follow her to the ladies room, which I do. Once in the bathroom the Black supervisor tells me her manager, a white female, had asked to tell me I should remove my turban.
:SuN013:
OK. But what am I suppose to do with my hair under the turban. I didn't have my Afro pick.
She suggested that I tie the scarf like I would a regular scarf. I took the wrap off and put in on my head p, tieing it under my neck. She suggested I not tie the scarf under my neck, but tie it to the of my head.
I stayed in the bathroom after she left.
Should I just go home. I'm a GAW, I felt like I had been treated like a little girl. I felt anger more than anything. It was going to be a test to return to my desk.
No problem. I walked out of the bathroom, saying in my loudest inside voice 'I can't believe she just made Me take my turban off'.
Let the people talk, and they did. And looked.
I turned in my notice the next day. I quite.

Bad turban hair story.

A good hair story

I spent 8 hours in the natural hair salon this weekend getting my locks tight and right.
8 Hours. I was on Destee until my battery lost juice. Than I sit under the dryer, for the second time for 3 hours. My locs had grown since my last visit.
When I shampoo and twist at home it takes me 12 hours.
It use to take less time. As the locs grow, the more time involved.
After getting my locs done or doing them myself, I'm tired. Need sleep all the next day.

Good hair story

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back