Black Relationships : Black Women Need to Make a Change

As a woman I one day want a husband, family and nice home but as a black woman have to face the fact that almost of have of the black women today are not married and statistics show that they may never be married and that this problem is growing even worse only among black women and not other races of women in the U.S.. With 12 percent of African-American men ages 20 to 34 are in jail or prison, black women out-numbering black men and with 6.6 % of black men are married to white women, this cuts the changes down that black women will have the same home-life, loving companionship and marriages that other women have.
So we need to rethink our strategies and goals about life and be open to dating and marrying not just black men but white men and other nonblack men also. There is nothing that a brother can do for you that a good decent nonblack man can't plus white and other nonblack men tend marry eariler in life and way more than black men will. If you are already married to a good black man then I say congrats and this post doesn't really concern you because I am directing this to the many single sisters out here.

:yesno:

Your ASSumption is that there are greener pastures in other races. The facts are, that there is a shortage of good men amongst them as well. Thus the 6.6% of females that have seen fit to raid BM.

:SuN023:

I have just skimmed through this thread BUT I can't EVEN imagine....I repeat...CAN NOT IMAGINE....having a man in my life who is NOT black. I'm sorry...I can't even identify with any other man BUT the black man...as far as my personal life is concerned. Yeah I gotta interact with them on a daily basis but we are talking entrusting my very life in his hands...smh

My best girlfriend of 20 years dates both, black and white men. I don't scorn her for it nor do I judge her. That is her personal preference. She is still my ace no matter what...

But for ME and MINE?????? It just ain't happening.

Personally, I'm not so concerned about what statistics quotes as a dim picture. My faith is not in the world but in God....having said that...I know there is one made perfect just for me. There's also nothing wrong with wanting to be married and have a beautiful, loving relationship with a man...but I also don't feel like we (black women) should have to choose Plan B or Plan C just because the prospects appear bleak! Do it because that's what you prefer, not because there are no other choices.

I feel black men (more than us) are getting out of the confinds and living their lives with what ever race and as they see fit.

It is juvenile to present this ... "monkey see, monkey do" ... childish logic to us.

If that is what moves you, i'm not surprised by your life choices.

I hope you never see anyone, jumping off a cliff.

I know that's right and am gratful those days are over but just because pain and sufferage was the history of the black woman doesn't mean it has to be our furture.

To let a white man inside of me, would cause more pain and suffrage, than i'm even able to fathom.

Again, perspective and choice. Do you Sister.

True !

I am now already involved with a wonderful white man who treats me like a queen.

If they are so wonderful to sleep with, why don't you do all things with them?

Why are you here ... with Black Men, Black Women, and Black Children?

Misery loves company ... and you want other Sisters to make your same foolish choice ... using your same juvenile logic?

You're really in the wrong place, to be advocating this agenda. It is not welcome.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back