Black Women : Black women, how far would you go?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by NNQueen, Jul 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    If your "freedom" as a Black person and equity in America depended on you spending some time in jail, being put there because you were exercising your right to protest against hate and oppression and discrimination, would you -- could you -- risk spending time in jail?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Been there, done that.

But it wasn't for protesting against hate, oppression and discrimination, it was actually dealing with 'a hate crime', act of hate against me because I was yes, Black, and seen as an easy prey to act this way. This hate crime, as most, are usually committed by White Supremacist but they use Blacks to hide behind, Blacks that they know are obsessed with issues of supremacy too and who lash out at other Blacks for gain. However, had it not been for the others who did come out to protest against what was being done to me, putting their lives on the line for me, I would probably still be in jail right now or etc. But I think this is what makes us human, we feel other people's anguish and so we strengthen ourselves and give human support. We make sacrifices on principle and eventually, this is what leads to relief...It's a human connection that I hope continues.

For me, I never tried to focus on what the opposition would do to me, I just focused on what they were doing to me at that specific point, and did what I felt I had to do, and stand my ground. I believe that my freedom as a Black person and equity in America doesn't depend on me 'spending time in jail' but it depends on me standing on the truth and asking for wisdom, advice, and confirmation from someone who also cares about truth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    I have done so more than a few times. No guts, no glory

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,322

I thought this thread was directed at black women? You tryna tell us something Kem?

5. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148

If your "freedom" as a Black person and equity in America depended on you spending some time in jail, being put there because you were exercising your right to protest against hate and oppression and discrimination, would you -- could you -- risk spending time in jail?

I don't see anything about women in this initial post

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016 at 11:35 PM
  6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,322
    Well, the title, the tag, and the forum in which the thread is placed does say black women, no? You just like sticking your nose in our business. Get out of here. :lol:

7. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148

Yall invade our topics all the time. This is equal rights! :10200:

8. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    Notice how Keme describes what we do when we make comments in spaces he thinks women don't belong, we "invade" men's topics. lol No worries, Keme, we're not a terrorist group. You're safe with us. Just make sure you tiptoe lightly around Angela. :getout:lol

9. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,252
    Dang, Queenie! That's a tough question. I have to admit, when it comes to spending time in jail, I'm a punk. I'd be scared as hell. How much time are we talking about?

10. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    lol..."how much time, we talkin' about?" Excellent question, no doubt. You know...I'm feeling you when it comes to spending time in jail when I can avoid a situation by simply staying at home. But, I guess, it depends on the circumstances, right? I marvel at people who wouldn't hesitate to fight for their sense of justice. I haven't given thought to joining others at Standing Rock, but I support what they are doing but I don't want to confront people who will shoot you at the drop of a hat (rubber bullets or not) and spray hose you period, much less in frigid weather conditions. What am I? An armchair protester?