Black Relationships : Black Women Have Tough Time Dating

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by MsInterpret, Feb 12, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
  2. enquiring_mind

enquiring_mind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +198
    Thankyou for this post Sis...

I dont know about you, but it always incenses me to hear/see THEM providing a social commentary on OUR affairs and issues :censored: (it's a very real issue if we're all honest)...plus the fact that this report- poorly masked as a 'concern' or 'social study'...is clearly relishing the fact...they love it! And they're and rubbing it in the Black community's face IMO...I find the tone very patronising, most likely because of who's delivering the message, which I wont refute...but given who runs the media we don't really have much of a say into that currently...

Hotep :)

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I agree with you 100%...I was watching this too and was like we need some of our people reporting this...

4. enquiring_mind

Ratings:
    +198
    You know this!! Are things so bad that we need 'Massa' to publicly address our problems too? We need to tryn fix what's broken inside the house, not in the street! lol :D

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Sister Enquiring Mind: How is it for black women and dating in the UK?

6. enquiring_mind

Ratings:
    +198
    Anyway...if it's any consolation, things are no better here in the UK...some crazy statistic about half of all Black men having a non-black partner? smh..:10500: I'm sure feeling the effects of that...not sure of the source of that though, or if it's deliberately inflated...

7. enquiring_mind

Ratings:
    +198

Oh snap!! just answered your question in part, but I'll elaborate...DON'T COME HERE IF YOU THINK YOU'LL DO ANY BETTER!! We don't want you cos it'll only increase the competition :D Lol, just kidding, well not really...if I'm honest it's difficult; although I'm not sure about the figures, observation alone tells me the the number of single Black women is disproportional to the number of Black men, for sure. In the capital, as Alexandra may concur (she may have a better idea since she lives there), it has pleased me to see Black couples, they are numerous,as are interracial couples...but in other cities- such as the one I live in, 99% of the Black men I see have a white female on their arm.

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I believe the facts are real...Especially here in Washington State...Black men do date more out of there race...AND...there is less of the black male and more of black women...

I personally (before i was in a relationship) had a tough time dating...I have even dated outside of my race...

I was dating an Asian man once and he told me he couldn't introduce me to his parents because I was black and that it would be difficult to date me for that reason...Straight BS...Especially when Asian men are a lower minority then black women are.

9. enquiring_mind

Ratings:
    +198
    I'm glad you're out of that one! Although culturally, I have heard and observed people from the Asian continent to have very 'racist' sentiments towards Black people, as a result of the 'Caste (colour) System', which of course places the darkest skins right at the bottom of the social hierachy...this is why they often do not oppose- but instead strongly encourage- marriage to (wealthy) whites.

I 'dated out' too, when I was younger, though it never really felt right, and was mostly due to the complete unavailability of Black males to date...even the ones I was interested in didn't want to know; one guy I was dating stated a preference for 'blondes' :10500: So I'm now single until I meet the right person, i.e., a wonderful, Black man; but I'm well aware that I could be waiting for a long time before that happens... :(

10. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    And you know what I say to that...."It's their loss and another one's gain"