Black Women : Black Women Conflicted Over Women’s March

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Liberty, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    January 20, 2017

As women head to D.C. to protest, Black women feel ambivalent about the demonstration.

upload_2017-1-22_9-16-20.png

........."The resistance for unification seems to lie in women of color questioning the White women’s loyalty. Historically, white women have failed to provide successful coalitions with women of other races unless it affected them (such fighting for their right to vote after Black men were granted this opportunity.) It’s unknown if the women protesting strongly feel like Black Lives Matter or if Black women should receive equal pay to White women, let alone men. There’s no guarantee that they care about the progression of the Black family, educational or health resources in low-income, predominantly Black and Hispanic neighborhoods."

Read more

http://www.jetmag.com/news/womens-march-black-women/

Black Women Have Mixed Feelings About the Women’s March

As hundreds of thousands of women prepare to flood D.C. for the Women's March on Washington, many Black women feel ambivalent about the demonstration.
    jetmag.com

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,579
  3. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +477
    Then start your own movement promoting your own interests!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  4. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +314
    Feminism never had women of color's interests at heart. Instead of trying to force White women to address issues in communities of color, our communities need to address our own issues. We have to realize that every time we have sought to include them in our struggle, they have hijacked it for their own purposes.

For Example, affirmative action has benefited White women more than any actual ethnic minority. White women have rarely if ever admitted that they were the major beneficiaries of affirmative action and instead have allowed people of color to take the heat over the issue. They have a habit of taking the benefits and leaving the negative repercussions to be felt by women of color (especially Black women).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    I agree with all of you. But, let's take this further. Look at a wider picture... It's not just AA women's whose plight has been hijacked. It is the plight of ALL AA PEOPLE whose plight has been hijacked, over and over.

AAs fought long and hard on the frontline for "Civil Rights", but were/are at the last of the line, when it comes to getting ahead, right?

Not just WW, but, also Jews, Asians, Hispanics, Arabs, Native Americans, Indians, etc. etc.... All groups who sat comfy in their family rooms watching the nightly news broadcast of those troublesome Negroes being beaten, clubbed, attacked by dogs, and even killed, for the "rights" that they were awarded but never lifted a pinky finger to fight for (Civil Rights, Affirmative Action, small business loans, and other programs) that they benefitted from. And, they would never associate themselves with the likes of the people who won those very rights that lifted them to the status they are at today.

And, I cringe when AAs talk about rainbow coalitions, and diversity programs, etc. Because it seems to me that we are the only people trying to bridge relationships with these "other minorities". They don't want to have anything to do with us, until they need our numbers. Like the Jews... They used us like a stepping stone in the 60's and dropped us like a hot rock as soon as they arrived.

Sorry for the rant.....LMAO

I'm jes sayin....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. 103 ao kiji

103 ao kiji Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    I knew the power black women had even as a kid, I always treated em with extreme caution, because I felt a power in them, my mother is a hell of a woman, so that feminine power, I believe I understand even better than women themselves, you don't need nothing but what you already have, you have the tools for success on you already, the problem is you look elsewhere for answers, look no further than yourself, you are the answer, without the black woman, there will be no black man, you must reclaim your thrones, when that day comes, I'd fight, and die for you if need be

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    ht
    What a wonderful post. Thank you, 103. I loved reading your words.

But, I disagree. When it comes to AA men and women, I believe 1 and 1 don't equal 2....

1 and 1 equals 1.

We need each other, like that

*smile*

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,579
  9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,579
  10. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +477
    So my sister, I say once again, if this is what you believe and that you can place very little faith in others to stand by you, then build your own with those who share the same aspirations and convictions. Then it belongs to you and those who assisted you in building it..You seem as though you are an extremely intelligent and confident sister, so what are you waiting for? That's the wider picture! The only good the past serves is a reminder of what not to do in the future.

• List