Black Women : Black Woman's Manifesto

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by truetothecause, Jul 4, 2008.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Black Woman's Manifesto

Introduction

Racism and capitalism have trampled the potential of black people in this country and thwarted their self-determination. Initially the physical characteristics of those of African descent were used to fit blacks into the lowest niche in the capitalist hierarchy - that of maintenance. Therefore, black women and men of today do not encourage division by extending physical characteristics to serve as a criterion for a social hierarchy. If the potential of the black woman is seen mainly as a supportive role for the black man, then the black woman becomes an object to be utilized by another human being. Her potential stagnates and she cannot begin to think in terms of self-determination for herself and all black people. It is not right that her existence should be validated only by the existence of the black man.

The black woman is demanding a new set of female definitions and a recognition of herself of a citizen, companion and confidant, not a matriarchal villian or a step stool baby-maker. Role integration advocates the complementary recognition of man and woman, not the competitive recognition of same.

Role integration encourages a broader mental and emotional growth in black women and men as they share the responsibility of working towards liberation. Neither of them should be relegated to a narrow experience in life. Neither of them should have their potentiality for self-determination controlled and predetermined by the opposite sex. That is a type of slavery that will not deliver us as a people. That is a form of bondage which is an integral part of the racist and capitalist system which black women and black men must work to oppose and overthrow.
    (Gayle Lynch)

*Linda La Rue, The Black Movement and Women�s Liberation, The Black Scholar, Vol. I. May, 1970. p.42

What is your role to the black man and define the role of the black woman in the revolution.

For M.E., My role is to Compliment his Energy in order to that my role in the revolution MIRRORS his.

This complimentary relationship is demonstrated in the SHARING amongst WE...

RECIPROCITY!

M.E.
    :hearts2:

2. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Hmmm

My role as it relates to the Black Man first and formost is to be his eyes in the back of his head, to be his blanket when times and society is cold towards him...And THIS...is what the Black Man should know his role is also...

Notice I did not say say have and rear babies...because that is both our jobs...It takes two to do this!

My role as a Black women in the revolution...is to challenge the status quo within our own revolutionary missions. To point out dangers within and outside our collective movements. To give support when needed in ways I am able to do so.

My role as a Black Women is to be at every table of conversation that has our(the black women, child and man) so called best interest at heart. If I ask for anything less I am following blindly.....UNDERSTAND!

AND NO BODY WANTS TO BE YALL SHEEPS IN THIS THING CALL REVOLUTION.

3. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Applying gifts not gender.

I've yet to meet any group of womben who were all good at the same thing, or had the same potential to manifest particular qualities to the same ability.
    As a person in the revolution, my role is to apply the gifts and talents I have to the highest good of all, period. I cannot dedicate myself to the service of one man alone, because in essence what may be good for him as an individual could collectively hurt the group. I cannot dedicate myself only to myself because there is no service and contribution in that. I don't believe my man can be all things to me, nor I to him. But what we can do, is use what we are given to create a network of community where together we are all thing to one another. :em0400:

What frustrates me, and makes me angry is dealing with preconceived notions of what I am about because of my sex. I am great at organizing, and seeing the big picture, better at it, than some men. I can make a great team leader with the ability and diplomacy to manage people and assign them to work that they enjoy and will perform well at. Yet, my experience with men 1:1 has not fostered that quality, or allowed it to shine as brightly as it could.

I study many subjects, and have excelled in some of the disciplines. There are of course those areas I still must commit to master. However, my balance is my truth that I have other areas where my interest is not inclined to perform well, or I do not apply myself. Either way, it really has
    more to do with my individual wiring and Soul than my sex. What I'm good at is what I want to give; and where I'm weak, is where I'd like my man to balance off the equation.

Sometimes, I feel that men rely too much on the womban, and the amount of service she provides is ridiculous in proportion to what she receives. And because of the amount of dependence that is fostered, our men don't mature as quickly as they ought to. (I am only speaking for the environment of North America, as I have lived nowhere else and cannot speak from worldly experience)

I would like for more men to become adept at nurturing, listening, personal and environmental hygiene, nutrition, abstract concepts, patience, receiving directions from a womban or young person, emotional intelligence, positive confrontation, language, reading, inter-personal relationships and self-realization, intuition, and above all love.

I'd like to see more womben become adept at mathematics, land zoning and land resource management, mechanics and engineering, speaking without fear and facing positive confrontation to authority figures, taking time for their female friends, bonding and relying on others more, politics and diplomatic relations, and commerce and competition (not for the attention of men).

I don't care what color the man, if men are allowed to control the services that womben and children need to survive then this planet will continue to be in a state of emergency. I believe we must grow into seeing ourselves beyond the physical description and labels the matrix has expected us to fulfill. I also think that our private unions need to expand to encompass the connections we bring to one another. In this way we can begin internal self-reliance and remove ourselves from interaction with the systemic beast.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i'm skilled in all of those areas, so what? all i ever get from sisters is a load of grief.

5. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    skills

brother james, since you have these skills then you ought to attract those that can reciprocate, and at the minimum undertand the weight that most womben feel by carrying this alone.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i do not attract black women. i am out of that game.
    i was pointing out that it is not at all about the qualities that a man possesses.
    the problem is not one of individual self improvement.

the problem is systemic.

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    :bowdown: :flowers:

fellas, whether they adopt this as the manifesto, or whether it's "just another entry in the database", print this, frame it, hang it in a few places. read it a lot. don't think about it. don't complain about it. don't talk about it. just let it sink in.

once it does, you'll realize that there ain't nothing more to be said about nothing. and it'll be the Heaven that they've always kept warm for us in the Bosom of their HearthFire!! and you'll suddenly realize that it has been there all the time and you just been ... er ... "real busy! yeah; 'busy'. that's it .."

i am so in awe of the learning i'm getting. Thank YOU!!

:flowers: :bowdown:

8. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I dont know what my role should be to a black "man". I am giving relationships a break for awhile. My focus is on children and thats a role I can define for myself at this time. I need to re-evaluate my relationship to my opposite because I have a mis-understanding, or more likely we have a mis-understanding. My rants in the "angry black woman" thread were compulsive due to my emotions over coming me. I have said before that we (the black male and female) do need each other and it is a fact that we do for a macro reason, but on an individual level I dont see why I would need one at this point. Even though I would love to have a family.
    When it comes to roles, I believe we should follow nature.

9. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    See

One of the responses here made me think and it is so crazy... maaan. When women express ...it is called ranting or its our emotions taking over. But when men start to talk we all ahve to fall in line or it is the truth for us all and we should take heed. wow

Sistah TTTC thanks for posting this thread!!!!!!

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    victims victimizing victims....

we are all of us, black people, victims of the system of white supremacy.
    some of us respond to this situation by, in turn, victimizing somebody else black when they can.

this is wrong.

it is so wrong that it is one of the few instances that i approve of one black killing another black.
    there is simply no excuse in my mind for a black to victimize another black.

it is true that all blacks are victimized by the system.
    this truth should not be used to cover up the equal truth that some blacks victimize others.
    some of us have multiple layers of abuse to remove. let us not make it more difficult for them.

let us hear them.

any black who victimizes another black needs to go. i'm not overly concerned how they go just as long as they are gone.

anybody wants to flex their "manhood" let them go victimize some white supremacists.