Black People : Black woman defends Confederate flag, says ‘slavery was a choice’

MS234

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 1, 2010
I love Black people. Our beautiful women especially. But come on lady. Sometimes I hate what we say or do like in this case. She is TOTALLY disrespectful. Why? She's basically saying her ancestors should have committed suicide. Guess what?
Then she wouldn't be here. lol So her ancestors endured tremendous odds for her to spew this BS
in 2015? S M H

She says the confederate flag represents "freedom". There are a billion ways you can represent so called "freedom"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ag-supporter-slavery-choice-article-1.2278982

splash-flagger-0702.jpg

Black woman defends Confederate flag, says ‘slavery was a choice’

BY Meg Wagner /
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS /
Thursday, July 2, 2015, 8:31 AM

Karen Cooper, a black woman who lives in Virginia, said she supports the Confederate flag because it 'represents freedom.'

A black woman who proudly waves the Confederate battle flag because it “represents freedom” also believes that “slavery was a choice” — because slaves had the choice to die.

In a new interview, Virginia resident Karen Cooper explained why she joined the Virginia Flaggers, a group that defends the rebel flag against those who “worship ignorance, historical revisionism and political correctness.”

Cooper, who found the flagging group through her activism in the Tea Party, explained the Confederate flag symbolizes a movement away from big government.

“I actually think that it represents freedom,” she said in an interview for “Battle Flag,” a documentary project about the flag. “It represents a people who stood up to tyranny.”

The interview comes amid a national discussion about the flag’s meaning — and vocal calls to remove it from government buildings after a rebel flag-supporter shot and killed nine people in a historical black church.

Cooper, a New York native who later settled in Virginia, brushed off the flag’s history in slavery, explaining that oppression is not exclusive to the Confederate.

“I’m not advocating slavery or think that it was right. It wasn’t and none of my friends think it was. It was just something that happened. It didn’t just happen in the South — it happened worldwide.”

Please don't give this idiot a format

I love Black people. Our beautiful women especially. But come on lady. Sometimes I hate what we say or do like in this case. She is TOTALLY disrespectful. Why? She's basically saying her ancestors should have committed suicide. Guess what?
Then she wouldn't be here. lol So her ancestors endured tremendous odds for her to spew this BS
in 2015? S M H

She says the confederate flag represents "freedom". There are a billion ways you can represent so called "freedom"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ag-supporter-slavery-choice-article-1.2278982

splash-flagger-0702.jpg

Black woman defends Confederate flag, says ‘slavery was a choice’

BY Meg Wagner /
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS /
Thursday, July 2, 2015, 8:31 AM

Karen Cooper, a black woman who lives in Virginia, said she supports the Confederate flag because it 'represents freedom.'

A black woman who proudly waves the Confederate battle flag because it “represents freedom” also believes that “slavery was a choice” — because slaves had the choice to die.

In a new interview, Virginia resident Karen Cooper explained why she joined the Virginia Flaggers, a group that defends the rebel flag against those who “worship ignorance, historical revisionism and political correctness.”

Cooper, who found the flagging group through her activism in the Tea Party, explained the Confederate flag symbolizes a movement away from big government.

“I actually think that it represents freedom,” she said in an interview for “Battle Flag,” a documentary project about the flag. “It represents a people who stood up to tyranny.”

The interview comes amid a national discussion about the flag’s meaning — and vocal calls to remove it from government buildings after a rebel flag-supporter shot and killed nine people in a historical black church.

Cooper, a New York native who later settled in Virginia, brushed off the flag’s history in slavery, explaining that oppression is not exclusive to the Confederate.

“I’m not advocating slavery or think that it was right. It wasn’t and none of my friends think it was. It was just something that happened. It didn’t just happen in the South — it happened worldwide.”

You have got to be kidding. I'm glad you posted this though, but this is just sad.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back