Black People : Black White show

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Slowly, May 9, 2006.

1. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm kinda new here and I really don't like starting threads. I noticed that Ice Cube's reality show was never mentioned here. This is one place I expected it. My question isn't about the show itself, but why it wasn't mentioned here. Was that show considered IR, which I read is a tired subject here?

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Hi Slowly,

Yes the topic of ir has been overly explored at a site devoted to Black love and unity. If the show hasn't been mentioned previously, perhaps noone was aware of its existence or interested enough to post about it. If you have specific questions or concerns in mind about the show, please post them in the entertainment section with our goal of BLACK love and unity in mind. Thanks again! :)

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Slowly ... i wondered the same, as such things are usually discussed here. I didn't see the program for a long time after it first aired, and even then, i don't think i watched a whole episode. I believe it's been mentioned in chat before, probably during one of Brother OldSoul's classes.

I doubt that it was not mentioned, because of the recent rash of IR discussions. Members are welcome to bring up what they want, and when a topic isn't found here, it's probably because no one thought enough about it to start one. Just guessing. I'm glad though, that you have started your own first thread (if this is your first). :)

I didn't really think that much of the show, the little i saw of it.

Have you seen it? What did you think?

:heart:

Destee

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hi Brother Slowly!:wave:

I wasn't aware the Brother had a reality show. Ice Cube is an awesome actor and entertainer too. He reminds me so much of my Brother. The resemblance, voice, and body expressions are uncanny. I bet he's one of my long lost relatives.

Anywho, I didn't know the Brother had a reality show until I read this post.
    Thank you for the info! I'll have to check it out.

5. Slowly

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ohh...too late. It ran on FX. They still have it on their website. Black White. I didn't see it. I could have, but I avoid shows that might use that word. Believe it or not, I saw Roots for the first time about 3 years ago.
    P.S. I bet Cube looks more like my Uncle Billy than your brother. Um..ahh..Your brothers name ain't Billy is it?

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Slowly ... what word?

:heart:

Destee

7. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5

Actually sister Blak that show was not even worth mentioning.
    It was a complete joke it was another attempt to keep us confuse and mislead when it comes to defining racism.

The whole concept of people switching races is tired and played out.
    The show basically was about dealing with racism from the concept of it been more of and attitude problem.
    Which is BS the problems we have have nothing to do with the attitudes of racists whites.
    It has to do with the fact hat we do not have the power to keep whites from imposing their attitudes on us.

Know of course whites are not going to confront the reality of power. Because we would actually have to deal with our reality and they do not want that.
    So instead they put out this useless show.

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    No it wasn't worth mentioning or watching. The entire purpose of the show is to trivilize the black experience in this country, as well as the trials and tribulations black people go through.

9. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Tha's right brother Pan and the fact that Ice Cube promoted that garbage says alot about the brother.

There was this one scene were the black mother had said something to the effect that even if it takes another hundred years for the races to come together than we should still work toward that stupid unrealistic goal.
    My question is this who says we have another 100 years to waste as a people?
    Also if you think that race is the biggest problem we face you could not be more mislead!

10. Slowly

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    The "N" word.