The Front Porch : Black Web Sites That Have Died

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by Destee, Oct 11, 2004.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,644
    not just ancient history

do read what I just posted

fyi

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,644
    the agendas of the haters include attacks on this website

so be always on guard here too

fyi

3. IntuitioninMD_2

IntuitioninMD_2 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +65
    It is good to see Destee is still around. Are there ways that you would like to Expand Destee which would increase operation costs, usability, and profits?

Do you ever have fundraisers for your initiatives?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,145

Peace and Blessings IntuitioninMD_2 ... :wave:

Yes, there are ways that I'd like to expand destee.com, do all the things you've mentioned.

It's just that I've not found it easy to do. But then, few things worthwhile are ... easy ... :wink:

I've never had a fundraiser as such, but our Premium Membership Offer is ever present.

I'm glad we're still here too ... many years beyond what i imagined in the beginning.

Good to have you back in the hizzzzouse !!! ... :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. JenaBee63

JenaBee63 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Health Technician/Future Paralegal
    Ratings:
    +320
    I don't know what the problem is or why I am just now finding this site. 17 years and I never came across it until the day I joined. I have searched over the years for black forums. Blackvisions was my last forum until I came across this one. CocoaLounge was one I used a few years back as well and I think it has closed as well. Once a site becomes more about clicques and not so much about the thread, I tend to lose interest. I really enjoy message boards and reading how others think. It's educational.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,145

Welcome Again!!! ... :wave:

I'm glad you found us ... in time for our 18th Birthday Celebration!!! ... :birthday:

CocoaLounge is still alive and well ... http://www.cocoalounge.org/ ... thank goodness! The Sister that started that forum has posted here on destee if no mistake, and I think I am a Member there too. It's been some years ago so I hope I'm remembering right ... :)

Cocoa Lounge - African American Forum & Message Board

Your online source for African American news, culture, and entertainment
    cocoalounge.org

Blackvisions is alive and well too ... http://www.blackvisions.org/ ... I don't believe I've been there before.
    BLACK VISIONS - Home
    blackvisions.org

Thanks for sharing the sites!

I don't do cliques ... evidenced by ... everyone is welcome here.

Me too @ discussions ... :research: ... i love, love, love, hearing, reading, and being around us! :love:

Thanks again for joining us, sharing with us, and helping us stay alive! ... :flowers:

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

7. Egmond Codfried

Egmond Codfried Banned MEMBER

Morocco
    Ratings:
    +34

I was thinkin. There are some critical brothers and sisters languishing on the Lipstickalley.com plantation. Anybody who steadfastly starts threads of interest to Blacks is WAIVED. iT.S LIKE THIS forum IS STAFFED BY THE kkk AND THEY HAVE bLACK WORKERS TOO. there are pinks who use a Black avatar to butt in on Black oriented discussions, to derail. I reckon, that if we are about unity, can someone discreetly let it be known to persons on lipstick, that we have a nice all Black, loving forum over here, and they can again ask egmond codfried questions. They have been discussing me over there, and pinks have been discussing me, to falsify my teachings, and explain to Black folks what I am about. Imagine. They blocked me, so I cannot defend myself. Lets invite the Lipstickalley brothers and sisters to have a full forum here.

8. Egmond Codfried

Morocco
    Ratings:
    +34

I am amazed how a godsent as the internet that can help us to start any mass action, is used to seperate us. You cannot get hold of a person who responded to you or something. And why the hell always fake names. Are you a criminal if you have an opinion? Besides, the only true enemy is the racist, predatory state, and they know who is sitting behind any computer. My google account comes into view withouit me asking because the computer senses my phone, and google is alerted.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,145

You 'bout to be put out of here the way you care carrying on.

I think i've banned you before ... but i can't rightly remember.

Don't come here talking about other forums / sites ... your gripe with them aint ours.

If you don't like the way anything is run ... start your own and run it the way you want.

Don't make me any krazier than i already am.

Thanks.

Destee

10. Egmond Codfried

Morocco
    Ratings:
    +34

Amazing your hateful tone of voice. I have suggested we join forces and invite others over to discuss freely what seems to be forbidden at lipstickalley.com plantation. You take offence at this and treaten to ban me again? Thank god I have other channels to speak to folks, so you are not hurting me in the least...I imagine folks on cocaine are very agressive and can be triggered by anything, just anything their victim says. A killer on cocaine will explain to the court his victim gave him a dirty look or so...So, it seems you are going to use your nice shotgun on me, by me not paying you money, or what? Such a loving and warm atmosphere here, isnt it?

So you and Cherryblossom, a pink flower, are the same person, because it was she who banned me, mocking my spending time at the library for research, while I probably should have been out selling coke and pimping?