The Front Porch : Black Web Sites That Have Died

FaithSoulSistah said:
You are absolutely right sister. I just became a premium member. I can't add an avatar yet though.

aaaaaawwwww Sister FaithSoulSistah ... Thank You Sooooo Much !!! :love:

It is really hard. If i weren't doing it, hadn't been doing it for so many years, i could say something different maybe ... but whew ... it's just not easy catering to our own people, and staying alive at the same time! This is a major area that we need to work on, supporting our own. If i hadn't witnessed myself, all these years, i might wanna cuss someone out, if they said some of the things i think on occasion, or have been told to me over the years. It's just hard.

We wonder why a Sister or Brother ultimately ends up catering to white folk, or working for them, or doing something that makes it appear as though they have "sold out" ... when all the time ... they were holding out as long as they could, ignoring the hunger in their own bellies, denying themselves, in hopes that our people would respond positively and lovingly in kind.

We want to fuss at the Sisters or Brothers like Oprah, or anyone in the media, that appears to be catering to white people, yet we won't even help the ones that we know are out here working for us. It's just got to stop. We've got to do better. We've got to give our children an incentive to work for us collectively. They have to know that they will be able to eat, and have a roof over their head, if they dedicate their life, to their own people. These are basic necessities, yet we will walk right by them ... encouraging them to continue, thanking them for a job well done, and never reaching in our pocket to help keep a light on, or deliver a page, or pay a bill, or do anything. Ohhh, but we'll talk about it all day and night. We'll talk about what needs to be done, but don't dare ask for help ... or you'll be marked with a scarlet letter.

It's just terrible. We've got to do better, and we can do better. If everyone does just a little bit, it can go such a long way.

Thank you Sister for being one of those willing to help financially. It means the world to me. Only God knows the sacrifice this has been, to keep alive, and i worry every single day, that this may be our last day. It's a krazee existence. I question my own sanity, making the choices i do.

We've got to make the talk, action. There's just no two ways about it.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Sister ... i am honored! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You should be able to add an avatar, do everything! If not, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
aaaaaawwwww Sister FaithSoulSistah ... Thank You Sooooo Much !!! :love:

It is really hard. If i weren't doing it, hadn't been doing it for so many years, i could say something different maybe ... but whew ... it's just not easy catering to our own people, and staying alive at the same time! This is a major area that we need to work on, supporting our own. If i hadn't witnessed myself, all these years, i might wanna cuss someone out, if they said some of the things i think on occasion, or have been told to me over the years. It's just hard.

We wonder why a Sister or Brother ultimately ends up catering to white folk, or working for them, or doing something that makes it appear as though they have "sold out" ... when all the time ... they were holding out as long as they could, ignoring the hunger in their own bellies, denying themselves, in hopes that our people would respond positively and lovingly in kind.

We want to fuss at the Sisters or Brothers like Oprah, or anyone in the media, that appears to be catering to white people, yet we won't even help the ones that we know are out here working for us. It's just got to stop. We've got to do better. We've got to give our children an incentive to work for us collectively. They have to know that they will be able to eat, and have a roof over their head, if they dedicate their life, to their own people. These are basic necessities, yet we will walk right by them ... encouraging them to continue, thanking them for a job well done, and never reaching in our pocket to help keep a light on, or deliver a page, or pay a bill, or do anything. Ohhh, but we'll talk about it all day and night. We'll talk about what needs to be done, but don't dare ask for help ... or you'll be marked with a scarlet letter.

It's just terrible. We've got to do better, and we can do better. If everyone does just a little bit, it can go such a long way.

Thank you Sister for being one of those willing to help financially. It means the world to me. Only God knows the sacrifice this has been, to keep alive, and i worry every single day, that this may be our last day. It's a krazee existence. I question my own sanity, making the choices i do.

We've got to make the talk, action. There's just no two ways about it.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Sister ... i am honored! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You should be able to add an avatar, do everything! If not, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

You're welcome Destee. I'm sure it is a struggle sister. We have been conditioned to support everyone except our own. Whereas other groups think of themselves first, we do the opposite it seems. We have to plant seeds where we can because we won't make true progress if we don't start thinking and acting differently.

FaithSoulSistah said:
You're welcome Destee. I'm sure it is a struggle sister. We have been conditioned to support everyone except our own. Whereas other groups think of themselves first, we do the opposite it seems. We have to plant seeds where we can because we won't make true progress if we don't start thinking and acting differently.

Yes Sister FaithSoulSistah ... if everyone would just do a little, there's enough of us to make that little be a lot, but so many do nothing but talk, or complain about those that are doing, discouraging folk from helping, that would help ... because of their negative energy and disposition ... i've seen it all ... and i've been reluctant to speak on it because it is so negative ... but gosh ... at some point, we just gotta look at the cold hard facts, and let the chips fall where they may. It aint like the chips not gonna fall anyway.

I've really not spoke to this topic as extensively as i could, and i'm still not doing that. Anything mentioned in this thread, is just a glimpse of what i've seen, up close and personal. I remember years ago, visiting a Brother's site where he talked about Black Folk not doing, not helping, and it seemed so negative. While i agreed with what he said, i felt his approach was lacking. It gave me to know that if we are even gonna speak on this, it has to be done in the best of manners, not in a way that perpetuates the madness, puts folk off, makes them feel even more defensive and protective of the blessing they could be. It's such a balancing act, dealing with our own people. We have the challenge of being forthright and truthful, while knowing that you are dealing with "conditioned" folk who oftentimes are already looking for the worst in you, completely oblivious to the best of you, that's right out on the table, for everyone to see. It's krazee.

We do each other so bad, in so many different ways.

Yes, we have been conditioned to do this to each other, stifling our own growth.

I'm encouraged though Sister, in the midst of the challenge, to have Sisters and Brothers like you. It gives me to know that there is hope, and that it may be possible for us to live, prosper, and grow. Thank You!

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back