Black People : Black vs Unique

Zulile

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
Principal removes 'black' from student's senior yearbook page

NEW YORK — An issue with a student's yearbook page at Cuba-Rushford Central School, in Cuba, N.Y., is more than just black or white after her principal told her to change some words on the page.

"I just wrote my senior memories and turned them into the principal, and they wouldn't allow them to be put in the yearbook ... because I put the word 'black' in there," said senior Breanne Veney.

All students were required to turn their page into Principal Carrie Bold for review, and according to Veney's mother, Trina Rickard, Bold crossed out the word "black" from Veney's page and changed it to "unique."

"What is 'unique?'" Rickard said. "How does that measure up to black or white? Is my child different because she is black?"

Veney wrote "we're so black and everyone hates on us for it," "my white girlfriend," and "is it 'cause I'm black?" in her senior memories page, according to Rickard.

Anne Brungard, superintendent of the Cuba-Rushford School District, said the school asked Veney to "reword" her senior memories page after consulting with Christopher Trapp, legal counsel for the school.

Complete Article Here

Soooo in this great post-racial America with Obama at the helm, is the term Black to be deemed offensive in 2009? A new N-word? Are we all gonna be 'unique'? ;)

:heart:
Zulile

where the heck is cuba, ny

Principal removes 'black' from student's senior yearbook page

NEW YORK — An issue with a student's yearbook page at Cuba-Rushford Central School, in Cuba, N.Y., is more than just black or white after her principal told her to change some words on the page.

"I just wrote my senior memories and turned them into the principal, and they wouldn't allow them to be put in the yearbook ... because I put the word 'black' in there," said senior Breanne Veney.

All students were required to turn their page into Principal Carrie Bold for review, and according to Veney's mother, Trina Rickard, Bold crossed out the word "black" from Veney's page and changed it to "unique."

"What is 'unique?'" Rickard said. "How does that measure up to black or white? Is my child different because she is black?"

Veney wrote "we're so black and everyone hates on us for it," "my white girlfriend," and "is it 'cause I'm black?" in her senior memories page, according to Rickard.

Anne Brungard, superintendent of the Cuba-Rushford School District, said the school asked Veney to "reword" her senior memories page after consulting with Christopher Trapp, legal counsel for the school.

Complete Article Here

Soooo in this great post-racial America with Obama at the helm, is the term Black to be deemed offensive in 2009? A new N-word? Are we all gonna be 'unique'? ;)

:heart:
Zulile

oh near buffalo, so it figures they don't realize it's 2009 and we have a black president lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back