Black People Politics : Black Voting Inside A Rigged System

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Fine1952, Oct 28, 2018.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +941
    ogoun
    That algebra is the difference between an Asian who studies math all day everyday and the Indian from India that gets hired on H1B Visa has. Math.
    We have a member I can't recall whom he is at the time. He knows Math and is willing to share.

I apologize my computer is down and working from my cell isn't functional enough. On my computer I would actually would have searched the postings and had his name. I feel your point. Seems like a gerbil eheel life day in day out. But Believe me life is more. Take another look and clarify what you need and see. Yea we all get up. For our chilred , spouses, the tax burden on every dollar we need. Cause electric, food and heat isn't cheap. The IRS (theirs) takes the first three days of that paycheck. Then the extra taxes (triple taxing on goods and services keep average crushed).
    Keep on moving strong

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,595
    Call me krazee...call me insane...yes, I'm post-menapausal...and I might be hopelessly optimistic. But I sincerely believe that to choose to take no action is destructive to us all. I VOTED today and when I placed my ballot in the counting machine, I felt a sense of relief, honor and privilege to be able to do that. I felt proud of myself. I know some of you believe that voting won't make a difference, but at least I can be honest with myself and admit that I tried to make a difference.

upload_2018-11-6_7-58-29.jpeg

• Love It Love It x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. ogoun

ogoun Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +425
    Sorry man, while I could stretch my musing on the educational indoctrination of the American population in the schools to how it affects the political arena, it would eat up way more time than I have today or this week or perhaps even this month as the scope and range of that subject could not be any singular small bore issue but is one that requires a much broader systems analyst type of approach.
    Perhaps after you get your computer back up and running we could pick up the subject of schooling in the 'educating our youth' section.

4. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +425
    Voting.
    From the point of view from one that has never really believed in this definitively undemocratic republic and the $'s for which it stands as it struts proudly in the name of some vaporous liberty and justice for all that disappears the moment liberty and justice becomes an inconvenience when the bills come due, and whether or not I could qualify the reasons for my misgivings at any particular time the dissolution this country has fallen into within my life time is testament to that sense of misgivings I've had throughout my life.
    However, this is the ocean we've been born into. These are the waters we must live in. These are the currents we must navigate to survive. And these are the same seas those that have produced young will leave eventually their spawn behind. At this moment there are very stark differences in what kind of waters we prefer to swim. Which tide flows more or less in the direction towards the isles we seek? And which tide is determined to smash us on the rocks at any cost? Do we have a choice in the matter?
    In another thread Senegal and Hermetic gave a few highlights on why the black demographically have small influence within the total politic body in the US. In the same thread I posted a few pages of a study showing that a large plurality of the body politic interests is never represented by laws coming out of D.C. So if misery likes company then join the crowd and welcome to the USA. The question to ask yourself though is, how long is the body politic willing to allow the minority to rule against what the majority want and do you think that is how it should be? A non vote is a vote for the status quo and that minority rule.
    If one is inclined to be uninterested because whatever goes into Washington seems to get swallowed by a giant blackhole only coming out the other side as something less then a recognized element don't forget those down ballot issues and candidates.........those are what can impact you, your communities and life directly. Leave the national stage if you feel that put out about it all, just leave that part blank.......but those down ballot put your x's in those boxes they make the differences one will feel.
    VOTE!

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Excellent post peeps, as usual you're on the top of your game. I've never seen so many city and county cruisers running radar in Seminole, Orange and Osceola County's local streets in fairly close proximity to the polling places in certain ethnic areas. If only they would make their presence known during high crime nights and weekends. We're talking 15 MPH zones. Not only were marked cruisers but the cruisers emblazoned with the new tech insidious stealth graphics and even unmarked cruisers, SUV's and pick up trucks going up and down every lane in nearby parking lots with bi-directional plate readers. I thought it was an especially revealing faux pas when there were tons of 30 something to middle aged White men being ever so helpful by telling certain potential voters that the lines were completely wrapped around the buildings and they might want to consider coming back later, all this yap while handing out sample ballots. Now a man, a White man who worships the Sun unlike these law enforcement fakes don't have chalk white legs if they wore those brand new off the WalMart rack tourist shorts every day, their brand new off the WalMart rack redneck flip flops would expose tan lines too, every one sporting one size fits all Gators hats and expensive Gargoyles too. Not one FHP cruiser there like in 2000 and the worst ever voter recount scandal in the history of White controlled politics.

BTW: I loved exiting that booth and refusing that mockery of a "I Voted" sticker by saying, naw, I already got a handful of them today and walked out like I just came here to get some fresh air now I'm going back home to finish watching my grass grow. Wonder if Florida has a "No vote" list like the FAA/TSA has a "No fly" list. We'll see in two years if they got my plate in the database for being a wise *** or a multi-voter, I only wish I "Could" vote twice. Duh.

6. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,595
    upload_2018-11-7_8-44-21.png
    FLORIDA

upload_2018-11-7_8-44-55.png
    GEORGIA

:SuN012:

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,595
    My bias...

What the heck is going on in Georgia with the gubernatorial race? Georgia, Georgia, Georgia...(smh)

51% - Current Secretary of State Kemp an overt racist, meaning, ain't trying to hide it.

48% - Abrams a Black woman who is fighting back against historical racism and outright and racists

Not that many votes separate them which leaves me scratching my head wondering...

Where are the Black people who are eligible to vote in Georgia? Surely a great many of them are Dems.

Facts (2016)
    In Georgia, for example, the voting-age population of 7.6 million people is younger and includes a greater percentage of blacks than the nation as a whole, the census report shows. Nearly half of the Peach State’s voting-age population — 49.6 percent — is 18-44 years old, compared to 47.1 percent for the nation. And 30.3 percent of Georgia’s voting-age population is black, compared to 12.5 percent for the nation.

But...
    Georgia’s voting-age population is also poorer and slightly less educated than the nation’s as a whole.

So, didn't anybody help educate them or offer to take them to the polls? Sheesh!!

I want a runoff...don't concede Stacy...hang in there and FIGHT the power!!

Source: https://www.ajc.com/news/national-g...er-poorer-than-nation/jvt26nzDzPkLyU0HjI3fBN/

Report: Georgia’s voting-age population younger, poorer than nation’s

Voters in Georgia and 12 other states will head to the polls on Super Tuesday to select the Republican and Democratic presidential nominees.
    ajc.com

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,145
    kemp is the secretary of state there. he ran an aggressive voter suppression campaign.

i hope there will be a run off.

9. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,595
    I know, and all of that came out before the election. I expected Dems to sweep the state because of that. Black people have the right to vote and that sukka might still win?? OMG!

Sorry for venting, but dang, how does a Black person in America stay sane???

10. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +425
    Gotta remember this is Georgia your talking about.
    Remember Roy Moore? The known pedophile and two time impeached court justice; he came close to winning the open Sessions seat in the senate.
    Add the advanced intelligence of the white Georgians, throw in 4 hour waits at a few chosen polling stations, kick off 53,000 voters from the rolls and sit back and smile as the KKK cake walks into the governors seat.
    Nothing to it in Georgia.

Edited to correct mistake;
    Moore was Alabama, my bad. Sorry I do have a tendency to run every state south of the Mason Dixon line into just one single big state.
    But are we sure we didn't have Alabamans voting in Georgia?
    Call the voting board! Bet we got ourselves some illegal voting happen.

• Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List