Black People : Black unity

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by narmermenes, Aug 30, 2009.

1. narmermenes

narmermenes Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    What are some of the things us blacks can do to create more unity between us?

2. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Hello Sir or Madam, since no one has responded, I guess I will. This is a difficult subject because race only seems to divide us, while uniting "Whites".

I guess we must start focusing on the things we have in common. I keep trying to talk about Africa, but many "Blacks" would rather not.

Its very weird, very strange, and very sad.

3. Commodore

Commodore New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    One thing is a given, blacks need to quit killing one another.

It seems blacks are their own worst enemy.

We need to stop the class envy.

There are a multitude of things that are problematic to the black community, that need to be seriously addressed, before we can unite as a race as in the 60's.

During the 60's blacks had a common foe, racism. As a result of racism, blacks became one.

Unity today??

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Commodore,

Welcome to Destee.com, everything you have mentioned about our shortfall is a matter of record and known by just about all of us, agreed? We know the story. But have you ever asked yourself the why questions, which is to say:

Why does: it seems blacks are their own worst enemy?
    Why do: we need to stop the class envy?
    Why is: there are a multitude of things that are problematic to the black community, that need to be seriously addressed, before we can unite as a race as in the 60's?
    (If you have, what answers did you get?)

And again, you are correct, Racism is still here and doing well, as it existed in the 60's, yet we are further apart than ever...there is certainly a question mark to place behind Black Unity, for real...Peace In

5. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    As individuals not much, but those at the top in our community

1 Foster and support all Black banks
    2 Foster support and create Blaack talk call in radio
    in each and every state, and advertize it in the Black communities there
    3 Foster and create Black venues similar to the former Slave theater, here in Brooklyn were;
    a. Our Avatars can come and speak to the community
    b. Grassroots Town Hall meetings can be had in each state
    4. Foster and create national discussion boards on the web
    with state representatives to discuss
    the major problems in the Black community
    5. Create and sustain a national Black children's organization
    which would;
    a. Nationaly disseminate, discuss and maifest the principals od Marva Collins,
    and promote and foster, the application of these principals in the public achools, by any means necessary
    b. organize nationaly an economic collective financial resource to establish charter schools, as Malcolm saw it , not as Duncan and the conservatives see it,
    in order to make that option available to those of us who are economicaly challenged or disadvantaged.
    c. Promote and foster the ideologies and methodologies of Jawanzaa Kunjufu, in city by city and state by state,
    childrens afterschool, and weekend fun and African culture centers
    6. Foster and promote the concept of a national day of absence, that would act as a safety and defense mechanism against the oligarchy,
    entailing the national, call in sick day, and boycotting of all purchases, and to escalate the procedure from one day to several, as a form of protest in lieu of any actions of overt infringement on our dignity and well being.

6. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +298

WELCOME TO DESTEE COMMODORE.....

I AGREE TO A POINT THAT BLACK PEOPLE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY.....SO MANY OF US EXERCISE OUR POWER ON OUR OWN MORESO THAN THE POWER STRUCTURE ITSELF...

WE ARE SO QUICK TO BROADCAST AND FLEX TO OUR OWN HOW MUCH WE KNOW , WHAT WE CAN DO , WHAT WE REPRESENT BEFORE WE EVER SAY...." WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ? ".......AND IF YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE.....WILL YOU JOIN ME ?...

BECAUSE OF THE WRONG WE SEE EACH OTHER DO TO OUR OWN , RIGHT AWAY WE JUDGE THEM.....BECAUSE WE CAN.........AND THIS PRACTICE GOES BACK TO OUR TWO MAJOR DIFFERENCES AMONG MANY DIFFERENCES WITHIN BLACK PEOPLE.......AND THEY ARE THE FIELD NEGRO & THE HOUSE NEGRO OF THE ESTABLISHED SLAVE TRADE IN AMERICA....

THESE TWO JUDGED EACH OTHER ENDLESSLY.....AND EACH GENERATION THAT FOLLOWED , BASICLY FOLLOWED SUIT.......BECAUSE OF THE HAVE & HAVE NOT SYNDROME......IN MY OPINION OF COURSE....

SO MANY OF US ARE WILLING TO RELY ON THE WHITE MAN AND HIS GOVERNMENT TO ESTABLISH US......RATHER THAN US COMING TOGETHER , REGARDLESS OF DIFFERENCES , AND FINDING A COMMON GROUND AND WORK FROM THERE......

BLACK UNITY HAS NOW BECOME A STEP PROCESS THAT WE HAVE TO TAKE , BUT MANY FEEL THEY ARE WAY ABOVE OR WAY BELOW THIS PROCESS...

INSTEAD OF JOINING AND RISING AS A LEADER WITHIN THE GROUP , THEY WOULD RATHER DISTANCE THEMSELVES , AND PULL PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE GROUP TO THEIR WAY OF THINKING.......WITH NO PLAN THAT EVERYONE BENEFITS FROM.........

AND ON THE OTHER HAND , THERE ARE THOSE THAT SEE THE IDEA AS A WASTE OF TIME , OR A SLICK SCHEME , AND BECOME UNINTERESTED WITHOUT TAKING A MINUTE TO UNDERSTAND....

WHEN I TELL WHITE PEOPLE ABOUT THEMSELVES WITH THE INDIRECT RACISM-PROTECTED BEHAVIOR THEY DISPLAY......I ALWAYS GET THE SAME REACTION......DENIAL....THAT RIGHT THERE TELLS ME THAT THEY WERE TAUGHT....OR INSTRUCTED........AND THEY ARE BOUND TO STICK TO IT...

DENIAL IS ALSO WHY WE DONT STOP CLASSIFYING EACH OTHER....
    DENIAL IS WHAT KILLED OUR MOVEMENT IN THE 60'S.......WHEN THE PEACE/FREE LOVE MOVEMENT JOINED UP WITH OUR CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT , DENIAL STEPPED IN AND KILLED OUR QUESTIONING OF AMERICA'S MORALITY.....WHILE THE PEACE/FREE LOVE MOVEMENT DEFIED IT.....

DENIAL ALLOWED THEIR PEACE/FREE LOVE MOVEMENT TO GO ON LIKE A CHILD HAVING A TANTRUM , WHILE AT THE SAME TIME , STIFILING US AND KEEPING US BLACKS IN OUR PLACE........

THEY RECIEVED THEIR COLLEGE CREDITS AND THEIR GOOD JOBS.....WHILE WE GOT TO VOTE WITH PRIDE AND BLACK MEN WERE OUTCASTED , BECAUSE THE WELFARE SYSTEM WOULDN'T ALLOW THEM TO COME HOME.....LET ALONE RECIEVE A GOOD JOB.......AND WITH THIS BEGAN THE DESTRUCTION OF OUR COMMUNITIES.....

IN MY OPINION.....ITS GOING TO TAKE A HUGE DEGRADING & CATASTROPHIC EVENT TOWARDS BLACK PEOPLE .....THAT PUTS US IN A CORNER , AND FORCES US TO COME TOGETHER......IN ORDER TO GET OUR THING DONE....

AS LONG AS SO MANY OF US ARE FEELING GOOD ABOUT OURSELVES BY HAVING MORE THAN ANOTHER BLACK HAS.......BY ALLOWING TO LOOK DOWN UPON THEM.....THEY WONT WANT TO SEE ANY OTHER PERSPECTIVE OUTSIDE OF ANY FALSE MIRROR IMAGE THE WHITE MAN SHOWS US....

WARRIOR

7. narmermenes

Ratings:
    +8

First i would like to say thanks for all the replys.And you were so on point with these comments.It feels good to see many conscious brothas and sistas.I wish we had more though.

In addition to the peace and love movement piggybacking the black movement and using blacks for their self interest,the white feminist working for the cia created division between black men and black women during the civil rights movement by tricking black women into joining up with them and encouraging them to go on welfare which mean`t the black man had to leave the house.

The kicking the man out the house was not only by design but it was done so alot of black kids would turn out dysfunctional.And you see this in the high incareration rates,high out of wedlock rates,high amount of irresponsible fathers ,high amount of irresponsible mothers,high amounts of black on black crime etc.

We have to learn from the past so we don`t repeat it.We must not let any outsiders in any black movement whether its a official movement or not cause outsiders always use us and abandon us after they accomplished their goals.

As far as your comments about: "ITS GOING TO TAKE A HUGE DEGRADING & CATASTROPHIC EVENT TOWARDS BLACK PEOPLE THAT PUTS US IN A CORNER , AND FORCES US TO COME TOGETHER"I`m afraid that might be true.

But don`t give up, if we keep trying we may get that unity.We gotta try different strategies till one of them eventually work.

8. narmermenes

Ratings:
    +8
    Great ideas

And as matter of fact we have many black talk call in radio on the net by many consciuos brothers and sistas.But unfortunately i`m not allowed to post any links until i have atleast 100 post which is what i was told.

Not sure if you know this but recently in Canada it was voted in place to allow a black run school which is great cause white run schools generally don` t teach us about our true history.

I live in the U.S btw.

9. narmermenes

Ratings:
    +8

Thanks for your reply,imma sir btw lol.

The reason many blacks don`t care about Africa cause they are only been exposed to the negative aspects of Africa and perhaps they don`t know the great contributions of Africa.

They are thought by the oppressors to look down on Africa and themselves.

Try showing them youtube links of great African historical contributions.There are alot of them on youtube.Or even website links That talk about the great contributions that Africa has made.That might make them Appreciate Africa more and might make them want to know more about it.

10. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    I have been in many conversations both here and elsewhere. Many "Blacks" don't see Africa in a negative light, they just see no cultural connection to the continent at all. I know, its weird. Also, some feel we are not "traditional" enough, as though one must be "traditional" to be African. There are some threads where we discuss that view.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ways to promote black unity power an d pride

2. topics to discuss to promote black women in unity