Black People : Black Unity - Can't we all just get along

... We simply have to be mature about discussing them and avoid name calling and labels.

For someone who agrees with the bill cosby brand of "tough love", has
to know that one must also have tough skin.

Patience is in order even when a poster seems to be yt asking dumb questions. Until it is clear that they are intentionally sowing discord, they should be engaged respectfully, patiently, and lovingly. Once it is clear that they are intentionsly sowing discord, they should be simply ignored.

Dude every message board I've been a part of has a quasi-standard.
High, low or in between, it does not matter. Not to be taken personal,
but if someone come sideways they will be met. I doesn't necessarily have
to do with "patience". There are some sharp folks around here who can detect
a fraud with the quickness.

Like it or not, these boards are like clubs, where respect is earned as much
as given. Just as in the real world.

But again,

If you don't 'see' it, then I'm
sorry you don't. I don't know what to
tell you.

How'bout creating some threads that reflect
what you are advocating. I can't remember
the last time you've started a thread, since
this one.:)

The above is how it should be dealt with across the board.

Ignore them...Like how I've been doing adburratin on the other thread. He's
replied to me several times and I'm taking the air out of his fire just by not
responding. A subtle but strong approach.

There is a reason why there are different forums....
Because people have different interest.

Even safe havens like "study group forums" were designed so that
like minded individuals can wax freely without someone replying with
contrarian views.
You are correct. I have also ignored his many post directed at me. Unfortunately, I see him as someone who has no interest in unity. Perhaps that will change. I hope it does, but for the time being I too will continue to ignore him. I welcome a change in his disposition and hope to see him interact as though he care about unity. He has to abandon this "Come on nitwits, I'm waiting" mentality.

Sorry you feel that way.

I've learned while onboard,
so I can not share your opinion
that nothing has been accomplished
nor productive.

Now that you mention it, I too have learned. Mostly about our attraction to drama, but I have learned other things about us. Most recently, Awo Dino wrote a very enlighting post that cleared up some things that I knew, but was cloudy on some of the details.

Because you have pointed this out, I had to search myself. I must admit, I too have an attraction to the drama, but more than this, I want progress for our people. I am willing to put aside my attraction to drama for the sake of unity. I believe I can do this without compromising my opinion as long as I remain open minded to other ideas and ignore those who actively work to sow discord.

Thanks for the post Raptor...good points.

BS

Take for example "Hellogood". It is clear that he has no desire for unity. He is the only one who has come to this thread with negativity. .

You are the negative one. I'm not married to Miss Daisy, and speaking of Black Unity. You've stated you could see "ignorance and production" as progress. And i see KNOWLEDGE as production. You love YT and YT's woman.
You are Clarence Thomas, i said that to show people who you are.

How am i being negative when i'm just pointing out the fraud of you. You profess Black Unity, while at night you Drive Miss Daisy. I don't get it. Plus like Awo Dino said unity will take more than you just sending out a couple of posts here and there.

The current mindset and character of Amerikkka is not conducive to unity. Amerikkka is about money and money ONLY. Don't "believe". YOU CAN'T EVEN DIE IN AMERIKKKA WITHOUT MONEY. You's with the illusion of present day YT religions are not helping.

So Mr. Driving Miss Daisy if you want me to support unity that will be clouded with the same ignorance that got us here in the first place then i say no. I've told you long ago if you have a message that can help people i'd stand next you and promote that message. So don't tell me what i'm interested in. I'm interested in the BEST for BLACK PEOPLE, meaning stop with the shuckin' and jivin' and being a "step away from greatness".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back