destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Black Teacher; White School: It's Always About Race

BlackTeachersPhoto.jpg

A Black teacher's sojourn in white-dominated school systems can kill the soul, and erase a career. After years of trying to find "race neutral" fields of study, the author discovered that white students could not forgive her for "always talking about race" - the forbidden subject. Their response was to leave "cutouts of Aunt Jemima and black athletes with nooses around their necks." Don't talk about race, at all, or the white folks will get upset. "My world view as a black person" was incompatible with the educational system. And so, in the end, she had to exit.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Black Teacher; White School: It's Always About Race

BlackTeachersPhoto.jpg

A Black teacher's sojourn in white-dominated school systems can kill the soul, and erase a career. After years of trying to find "race neutral" fields of study, the author discovered that white students could not forgive her for "always talking about race" - the forbidden subject. Their response was to leave "cutouts of Aunt Jemima and black athletes with nooses around their necks." Don't talk about race, at all, or the white folks will get upset. "My world view as a black person" was incompatible with the educational system. And so, in the end, she had to exit.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee
For me, enough was said right here. I have no real need to read the entire story. I am in fact, living a very similiar story. "My world view as a black person" was incompatible with the Mental Health system. And so, in the end, I had to exit". With these two minor changes, such BE~comes the painful reality of a Professional of Afreekan Descent who is Awake, Alert and possess a strong desire to LIVE...not simply "survive"...Conscious.

I recall asking my program Director in the PhD. program how "they did it"? What I was curious about was how they were able to maintain active practice and teaching knowing full well is based on a pack of lies and that people were not really getting better. How could they continue to teach about the atrocities of racism, oppresion, poverty etc, overstand it's impact on people yet continue to practice the same? She did not really give me an answer and basically, my collegues positions was to go along with the game till you get the paper, then you can say what you want. Yet, it did not seem to work for many others before me and it seems they simply became more buried in the stuff and for me, this was unacceptable cause i did not have money to pay them to tell me lies and teach me how to maintian the sheeple;s illusion that they (the people) held primary responsibility for the death and destruction they experience in their lives. Also, you have to remain SILENT about the impact of the shystem, not talk abut the shystem and buy into the stinky story put forth by the shystem.
Bottom line...this is what happens...one gets to "exit" one way or another when, if, you dare to SPEAK up about some b.s thinking and behaving in relationship to others. For me, this comes in many forms cause my primary focus is on US ....helping US to heal from the MAAFA and SPEAK up when I see or hear anyone of US engaging in some b.s. behaviors which I know to be a direct result of OUR not BE~ing able to SPEAK UP, SPEAK OUT AND PROTECT OURSELVES from the ish that came OUR way during active enslavement and beyond.

I wonder what she is doing these days? How she is making out? How is she using or not, her experiences? etc...
Thanks for sharing and thanks for allowing me to share

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back