Black Spirituality Religion : black spiritual systems

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by jamesfrmphilly, Sep 18, 2007.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    black people need to have knowledge and respect for our own. why are we following asian systems, arab systems, jew systems, white systems?
    black people follow every spiritual system but our own. why do we hate ourselves?

jews don't even like us and we are worshiping one? arabs over run our land and we end up worshiping them? white people enslave us and we follow their religion?
    just because it is theirs should invalidate it!

the isrealites did not come out of egypt until they found their own leader and their own god. if they had worshiped the egyptians they would still be there in bondage.
    we are still in bondage in america worshiping the white man. we take his values. we dress like him. we fix our hair like him.

people, we need to learn our story. if you learn and respect the african systems, you can then make an informed decision as to what you believe. if you do not really know your own story then you are following history out of ignorance and brain washing. why let an arab or a white man tell you to reject your own?

let us learn to love our selves.

JMO

2. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hear Hear! Brother James. Now that's what I'm talking about!!!. the Meter Neter Ru, Yoruba, Akan, Santaria, Voodum, we got choices!! Why are proporgating the religions of other people. Wake up Black folks!!!

Some folks justify it because their institutionalized religions are derivatives of Afrakan spirituality. I say go back to the source, stop playing!!

Peace and love to you Brother. Long time.

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I hear you loud and clear, jamesfrmphilly

Kind of ties with with this recent post...

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50561

“4) LACK OF SOVEREIGNTY, due to theft and denial of Birthrights and lack of an operating ‘Constitution” , originating from self, for National and International protections of Sovereign Citizens Rights and Immunities.

If your FOREPARENTS were Sovereign, then HOW THE HELL ARE YOU A SLAVE on your own land? Somebody (namely PALE-FACE) has handed you a contradictory Book (namely Bible) with a contradictory Religion (Chrisianity) , handed you a cup of Magic Devil Water (meaning Liquor), and told you to look in the sky for GOD. Then they knocked you upside your head, tied you up, stole your land and raped your women. And we are practically still in the same predicament (or worse) today.”

Why, why, why?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    you cannot really be a christian or a muslim unless you know your african spiritual background.
    you cannot make an informed choice if you do not know all your options.

please do not be a christian just because that is all you were ever taught. it needs to be more than that. do not be a muslim due to brain washing.
    i wonder if you can really love your self and worship a jew or an arab. or an asian.
    if you truly do love your own black self and your own black people, you will want to have correct knowledge of your own culture.

then you can make a decision.

5. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I agree

6. EBONY ESSENCE

EBONY ESSENCE Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    brotha you are deep

and i like the way you come with it, i didn't know philly brotha had depth in their speech like that, i just recently saw bits and pieces of the movie GOOD BYE UNCLE TOM, THIS MOVIE IS OUT OF PRINT, you have to buy it undergroud but it really shows alot us during pre-civil war days:flame: :flame: :flame:

all honor to ausare, auset, heru

7. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    right on time

we have to undo 10,000 years of brainwashing

8. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Welcome to Destee, Ebony :wave:

I am definitely going to run an offline search for that movie.. very intriguing title!

eta.. umm.. more appropriately - thanks for posting, Ebony - I see you've actually been here for awhile! :D

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    :court:
    This is MAA't Kheru!
    :toast:

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Peace Brother jamesfrmphilly,

It is very insightful and motivating that you bring to the Black Spirituality Religion Forum (BSRF), this thread, black spiritual systems; at a time when the BSRF needs more stimulating subject matter for discussion.

In my view, such timeliness can be directly contributed to your former position of Moderator, as well as your unique persona, both to which I am indeed grateful.

As another poster put it recently, typically we utilize the tactic of “stomping the professor,” by posing a question in order to “answer the answer.” Be assured, my question only seeks to know which of the various African Traditional Religions (ATR’s) are you espousing to in the thread. Or is it MAA’t Kheru as omowalejabali states?