Black People : Black Sheep!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Poetic Justice, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Poetic Justice

Poetic Justice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Analyst
    Ratings:
    +3
    Okay i hope i have this right this is where i can utilize my right to free speech and have no reprocussions, right!
    I feel like a black sheep amongst my family.
    I am still a newborn trying to find my legs around the house and if i crawl and fall i expect to be lifted up with care and love.
    I feel like i have been treated callouly by a egotistical being in the house, and i am not going to say that it doesn't hurt because it does.
    And i realize that i am vunerable here, and i can't allow that.
    I come here to relax and express, to be inspired by so many that feel what i feel, to try to encourage, i am not looking to be in the sun or to be something i am not.
    Sometimes when things get alittle trying, i can click on to my family and get absorbed in the thoughts and words that play magic in there heads.
    But when i find someone who makes me feel like a black sheep, i realize i have lost my place.
    Its time for me to say Goodbye.
    I have been through so much in my life, this was my retreat, my salvation, and all i feel inside right now is empty.
    My feelings have been hurt and i can't allow that.
    If only you knew who was tapping away at the keys in the name of SHAWNSWIFE, she tells you so much in her poems, did alittle deeper and you will see.
    I am a Survivor of so much, and i live everyday still trying to survive, a breathe life because so many times my life could have been taken away from me.
    I awoke and realized i had lost my control and i fought to regain it through tears, like the little black girl who has had the jackal at her heels.
    Clear visions, Dark remembrances have haunted my life, so i lose myself in my writing, sometime they make sense and sometimes i don't even know why my hands have hit certain keys.
    So many of you have uplifted me, NNQueen you are a soldier for all women to be proud.
    Rich you have been in inspiration, serenti-poet, redlady, ashanti,purplemoon, And DESTEE you have made me realize what i really want to do with this blackwomen body, thank god for you.
    You know my husband Knows how much i have taken to your site Destee and he tells me to get on when i have about stressed myself out with just normal everday things, i guess i just want to say :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Goodbye and Good luck you to all of you:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    shawnswife............................
    we are family a love true and free
    we are very happy u here where
    u can express ya self and release da stress
    if u fall i'll be by ya side to comfort u and pick u up
    never let u feel unprotected here
    you my sistah is so dear and we really care
    so yes continue to journey around the house
    if u ever need me i'm so close just click and i'm their
    it da love from above so to u here's a hug !

no goodbye just see u later .............
    $R

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    SHAWNSWIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we can work out whatever happened that made you decide to leave us sis!!! Come on now. You know we can't allow anyone to run us away from where we feel we have a right to be! Talk to me sis! You know how to reach me in private!

Shawnswife....I hope you reconsider and allow us an opportunity to work this through to a everyone's benefit!!

I'm not saying goodbye...I'm waving hello :wave: Offering you compassion and support :heart:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    ShawnsWife !!! :nono: Now i know you are not going to let someone run you way from YOUR OWN HOUSE??!!!! C'mon now Sister! Say it aint so!!! You mean to tell me, someone could walk up your sidewalk, knock on the door, you let them in, offer them a seat and a cold glass of water ... yall start talking, they offend you, and you leave out the door??!!! C'mon now Sister, i know better than that!!! This is your home Sister. No one should be able to do anything that makes you willing to leave. Let them leave if someone is gonna be leaving!!! Shoot.

My Sister, no one has a right to personally attack you, your poetry, or make you feel not comfortable and welcome here. You've not mentioned this person's name or the specific incident(s) that occurred, but you are welcome to do that. I'd prefer that you post it all ... names, incident, everything ... right out here in the open. I'm a firm believer, if an incident is worth complaining about in the open, it should be worth resolving in the open. If we are anything, we are real, and i think keeping everything out on the table forces us to be real. But that's just me. I can understand if you are not as comfortable doing that and would prefer trying to resolve it privately. We can do that too.

I hope you don't leave, because we want you to stay. I do encourage you to post your grievances right here so we can resolve them and get back to being the loving, happy Family that we are!

I'm like Queenie ... i aint say'n no goodbye!

:heart:

Destee

ps ... if there are any sheep on this site, they're all BLACK!
    We're BLACK on Purpose Sister! :wink:

5. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    C'mon SW....get it out in the open sista...let's demonstrate how we can stay together as a unit in the face of a storm. This is nothing compared to what our people have come through! If we start letting others that look like us penetrate our armor and cause us to keep us divided, then we have no right to ever complain again. Let's be victorious in our pursuit for the right to be who we want to be without judgment, without a need to defend or explain!

I'm leaving a light on for you!

Queenie :heart:

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    ShawnsWife ... this reminds me of an experience with our Sister MsLuciousB!!! Ohhhhhh My Goodnessss i love this Sister!!! She posted a thread saying she felt folk were acting like "booties." I asked her, like i asked you, to name names and put it all out in the open ... and she did!!!! :eeek: ... Whew!! ... Talk about courage, strength, and resolve! Our Sister had a concern and felt it needed to be addressed, letting the chips fall where they may. I will always respect her for that. It was a beautiful moment and it shows how much of a Sister Warrior she really is. We are blessed to have her a part of our Family. Here's that thread if you'd like to read it ... Why Are People Being *****?.

I wanted to share this with you to let you know that oftentimes things can be miscommunicated because this medium, as wonderful as it is, it can't always perfectly convey our thoughts. When there is a miscommunication we must have the courage to do like our Sister MsLuciousB and put it all on the table so it can be resolved. We can't run from it Sister, we're in a war, we must defeat the hate!

Love You.

:heart:

Destee

7. Poetic Justice

Poetic Justice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Analyst
    Ratings:
    +3
    The Heart is Treacherous!

The heart is treacherous, who can know it says god and i feel those words so strong.
    Oh what a day i had yesterday, my heart was so heavy and down and i didnt want my husband to know why i was snappy and irritable, so i cleaned up my house, ate licorice all day and finally opened a old bottle of wine my sister had given me for my birthday and listen to kemestryand R. kelly.
    I had so intended not to come home today, but now i am glad i did, my mother always to me, if you have a problem with your someone first pray about it then take it to that person, after a hangover and lots of TLC from my husband, that really healed my wounds, ha ha.
    I want to apologize for being overly sensitive, i am really ashamed of myself for acting like a baby.
    I think i am so blessed to have so many caring individuals in this house that i have to also behave like a family member and that means understand when maybe someone is having a bad day or they just have words seasoned with salt.
    The comment "Out the back door or something like that in my please hear me people poem, that hurt just alittle.
    But i am sure that even as i apologized for posting in the wrong place i was very upset inside and Black sheep grew legs.
    I don't want anything i do here to take away from what so many have worked so hard for, Maybe i put so many on a pedestal and i shouldnt i know, the work is so brillant to me and i wish i could respond to everyone and read them all, but with 4 kids and a husband and everyday living it is alittle hard, Destee i took your advice and read the poem you asked me to and it really humbled me and i wish i would have read it first before i posted black sheep.
    I dont want to name any names, i just want to ask forgiveness and get on with the joy of living.
    For all of you that responded you have no idea how much i truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy lives and away from your work to witness (the babys first tantrum) and treat me with so much love and kindness.
    This will never happen again, i promise.
    And as soon as the mind wants to race away the worlds woes through the echoeing of my heart, i will post again and i will try so hard to post in the right forum, i feel for so many here in my new house, you are all a part of me now.
    Shawnswife

P.S NNQueen i stand tall before you as a Blackwomen.
    Rich, Thank you time and again for your generous heart.

8. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    ShawnsWife...it warms my heart to see you have returned and with such an humble spirit. Welcome home sis!

~Your sister in our struggle~

Queenie :heart: