Black Positive People : Black Self-Sufficiency at its best

OK...here we go. I knew I remembered that name from somewhere because a friend told me about it. I realize Wikipedia is a questionable source, but I'd read and heard about the story before.

Thanks for sharing the information, but it's still important to evaluate what's out there. Do you know of any African models that are not based on hierarchies and exploitation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nation_of_Islam#Controversy

http://dherbs.com/forums/index.php?...dfc03960b56e8c7a56&topic=2612.msg8501#msg8501.

Thank you for this info sista.

Peace!

its dumb n my mindset towards it wont change. but you are right

Don't get me wrong brutha Mike,I was speaking in general terms. I too wouldn't want to join an organization, but I wouldn't mind being part of a collective effort to help our communities. If I own a business I would want to be able to run it my way. I once did the Amway thing, and you were forced to buy media every month. If the president recommended a book, you had to buy that in addition to you regular media purchase. Also if you had an idea to promote sales you had to pass it up the line and have them decide if it was good or not. If they said no,that meant you could not do it. I don't like that, or anything of that nature.

Peace!

Im on both sides of the fence.
I respect and appreciate the business model. Do for self. Rebuild those communities. Hire local.

It is the religious overtones and cult-leader personality of Royall Allah that I would have a problem with.

However, If it works, it works.

I'm all for "blacks" bettering themselves yes....but all this talk of black communities n ish....has to stop....everyone keeps making this a color issue....let the whole race nonsense GO

Are you of the mindset that race is a social construct that doesn't really exist?? Why is talk of Black communities "ish"?? If you don't believe in race why do you spend your time at a site that is dedicated to the uplifting of a specific race??

Im on both sides of the fence.
I respect and appreciate the business model. Do for self. Rebuild those communities. Hire local.

It is the religious overtones and cult-leader personality of Royall Allah that I would have a problem with.

However, If it works, it works.
I think that is the sentiment expressed by most of us.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back