We become that which we repeatedly do..
REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
1564148697928.png

This article tells about the African presence in Hawaii during earlier times. I had always felt that the people of Hawaii descended from Africans and while researching for a piece that I am doing, I stumbled across this article and wanted to share it with the community. I'm pretty sure that most Hawaiians of today do not embraced their African heritage and probably aren't aware of it due to the incursion and seizure by the United States during the 1800's and an earlier connection with English colonizers and missionaries.. The link below is full of material regarding the Africans of Hawaii. Please do yourself a favor and read it.. You'll be impressed, amazed and somewhat disappointed.

Hawaii: Black Royalty in the Pacific

View attachment 17436

This article tells about the African presence in Hawaii during earlier times. I had always felt that the people of Hawaii descended from Africans and while researching for a piece that I am doing, I stumbled across this article and wanted to share it with the community. I'm pretty sure that most Hawaiians of today do not embraced their African heritage and probably aren't aware of it due to the incursion and seizure by the United States during the 1800's and an earlier connection with English colonizers and missionaries.. The link below is full of material regarding the Africans of Hawaii. Please do yourself a favor and read it.. You'll be impressed, amazed and somewhat disappointed.

Hawaii: Black Royalty in the Pacific

I love this!!!

I have researched a little about this some years back. I actually made a report years back during 'Black History Month' on KAMEHAMEHA [sp?]. I chose him for my part of a program and well, Black people thought I was crazy because they had never heard about him or realized the true history. I did not choose the traditional 'accepted' Black people we usually hear about during this month. His daughter was also amazing and very pretty. I was so surprised when I first learned that some of the early Hawaiians were 'of African descent'!

Also, as a Navy Brat, I had several friends from the Philippines and they would always speak about the original 'Negritos' in their lands.

Thanks for posting!

Hey Chevron, glad you enjoyed it.. I had always suspected that the original people of Hawaii were African because of their features. Can you imagine America's awkwardness having to deal diplomatically with this African royalty just off their shores while they were enslaving Africans at the same time? They stole the country by force and kept it's true inhabitants identity a secret...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back