Black People : Black, Rich & Famous In The White Man World

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MysteryDoors, Apr 24, 2008.

1. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Nakyung and Wesley Snipes
    [​IMG]
    From 1999 to 2004, the actor Wesley Snipes earned $38 million appearing in more than half a dozen movies, including two sequels to his popular vampire thriller “Blade.”

Seal and Heidi Klum
    [​IMG]
    Seal (Sealhenry) Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel (born February 19, 1963 in Paddington, London) is a British soul singer and songwriter of Nigerian ancestry.

Elin Nordegren and Tiger Woods
    [​IMG]

Gabriel Aubrey and Halle Berry
    [​IMG]

Why do some Black Men & Black Women that become rich and famous are infatuated with the White Man World, and how can that way of life influence the rest of us?

2. asafo87

asafo87 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Greetings MysteryDoors,

I'm afraid I am having difficulty understanding the question...

What exactly do you mean by "infatuated with the White Man World"?

Thanks.

3. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Admiration, Passion or Desire......:shades:

4. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
  5. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Kellina Craig-Henderson, professor of psychology at Howard University Black Men in Interracial Relationships:

Washington, D.C.: If this is such an issue then why is it so much more common to see a black woman dating a white guy (comedy or drama) on tv or in the movies than it is to see a black man dating a white woman? This societal question is what we really should be asking.

Kellina Craig-Henderson: One of the reasons is that the people who make most mainstream movies, sitcoms, etc. continue to be White men. They craft "reality" as depicted in their films from their perspective. The White man is usually the powerful and desirable person in the film. Women in general are still viewed sexually more often than not, and the few Black women who get to star in mainstream films are viewed like most women, as the "prize." The victor of the film always gets the prize. America is still not entirely comfortable with depictions of interracial sex, and particularly with Black men and White women. What's more Black men continue to be represented in these films in some way that is less than desirable (thieves, gangsters, etc.) All of these factors interact to answer your query.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/06/08/DI2006060800820.html

6. YungMiss

YungMiss Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +7
    you know..

I personally dont know.. I think thats something that needs to be directed to those rich people.. not everyone does this but there are some that do.. and there are also non rich people who do the same but because these folk are rich, people are always in their faces to see it..i also think its crap how people get with one person and they turn out to not be what they wanted and so they switch races or talk down on them as if they know everyone in that race.. if your going to look to the opposite side of the tracks then do it for personal reasons such as you just met the person and yall hit it off..but dont fix your lips to say that all black women or men are the same because its far from the truth..thats the whole point of dating.. you date one person and if it doesnt work you move on.. you marry the person when everything clicks and you feel like they could hold it down with you.. people just dont give themselves as well as others a chance..

7. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
  8. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    :qqb010:
    I personally have nothing against interracial relationships, but I feel that interracial couples must have respect for each other’s culture. I strongly believe Black Men & Black Women who are involved in interracial relationships should never allow another race culture’s ideologies to dominate their African spirituality. Africa is the motherland - the cradle of civilization and should be honored with the up-most respect.