Black People : BLACK REPARATIONS

Cedric Denson said:
Forgive me if you disagree with the way that I talk about God. It is just that I have a certain way of how I respond to Him and His word - as I can see, it is very different from other people.

I am glad to hear that we are not just asking for money, but you brought something important to think about to my mind:I am not sure whether we asked for reparations, and were denied too many times....or we are (on our own) trying to get reparations, except ask others for help in getting them. I hear too many different stories and viewpoints on the matter to have a 'down to earth' feeling on it. I think I will leave it at that, because I understand that there are other important issues to worry about. Personally, I hope reparations come in time - if we are alive to see that day!

By the way, the reason why I called you "elder" is because although you may not be older, but your wisdom is as powerful as elders! I think that is a good thing, but from here on out I will address you as otherwise.

CD

Brother Cedric, I knew where you were coming from on the elder tip, but I was tugging on ya leg a bit(smile!) Don't take me too seriously, good brother, I'm a "fool" sometimes(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

karmashines said:
However, most Native American youth have not suffered blatent discrimination either and yet they qualify to get reparations. So, if they are gettting it we should too!

What reparations are you talking about?? What are the Indians getting??

Also this has been gone over before. Only the Japanese that were actually in the relocations camps received payments. If the person was dead the payment did NOT go to their children.

indya said:
What reparations are you talking about?? What are the Indians getting??

Also this has been gone over before. Only the Japanese that were actually in the relocations camps received payments. If the person was dead the payment did NOT go to their children.

Native Americans get governmental assistance based on race.

karmashines said:
Native Americans get governmental assistance based on race.

What assistance are you talking about??

Welfare, medical and collage loans are given to anyone who can prove financial need.

Most Indians living on reservations today live in poverty with very few job opportunities, this certainly isn't something to aspire to.

indya said:
What assistance are you talking about??

Welfare, medical and collage loans are given to anyone who can prove financial need.

Most Indians living on reservations today live in poverty with very few job opportunities, this certainly isn't something to aspire to.

Indya, with all due respect, Native Americans did not experience SLAVERY for 250 years... The Japanese nor Jews experienced Jim Crow Segreation for three-quarters of the 20th century... Sister, therefore, there are no comparisons between these groups, and African Americans... The White Man became RICH and Powerful off the unpaid labor of my ancestors, and owes us a debt of unestimable gratitude and we plan to collect, dig - hook or freakin' crook...

I love folks like you because you motivate me... I wanna see that look on your face, first on line to git dat digit(smile!) I do believe the time is coming when to continue to deny Reparations to African Americans is a losing cause...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back